And the contest started.

Start from the beginning

« Really ? » Buttercup asked with a raised eyebrow.

« Fine... »

She followed him after a little moment, gathering her courage. Boomer was in the backyard which overlooked the football field. He was crouched down and grabbed the foot of one guy. He seemed to be having an argument with a bunch of guys, she didn't interrupt the conversation, but used her super hearing to listen to the conversation.

« This is just some snails, bro. It's not a big deal. »

« I wonder why am I talking to you. »
Boomer kicked back the foot he was holding and forcefully knocked the boy down. He raised his hand, ready to slap the boy's face on the floor.

« Forget it... he's a criminal. Get up. »

They left after cursing him. He showed them his middle finger and picked up one of the snails and put it in his hand.
Bubbles approached him and hear him saying :

« You're safe now, buddies. »

« I saw you. It was a nice thing you did. » said Bubbles.
Boomer startled and replied :

« I'm not nice. They're like brothers to me and... » he interrupted himself before continuing, « Since when do you talk to me ?»

« Since I decided to. Can we talk ? »

« I just needed some air... he sighed, « What do you want ? »

« We are going to play in front of people soon. We should try to play together and not against each other. »

« I'm not the one who is trying to start a fight. »

« But you're the one who attacked me and didn't apologize. »

« I apologize ! Happy ? »
Bubbles sighed and picked up another snail that crawled onto her shoe.

« Look, I understand that we are not friends, but we should be civil. Bass and drums are the heart of a team, if they doesn't complement each other, the other instruments can't survive. »
He looked at her for the first time in their conversation.

« We bury the hatchet ? »

« For the sake of the group. »

He nodded and added :

« I'm sorry for hurting you. I can't really tell you why I did it. It's one of Butch's problem. »
This time, his apology was sincere.

« I understand... You're a good guy, you know. »

« For the last time, I'm not a good guy. »
Bubbles giggled and added :

« Okay, maybe not such a bad guy.»

« I prefer... »

« Are you ready ? »

« You give the impulse and I follow you. »

***

Buttercup approached Mitch, who was sitting in a chair, his foot tapping the air and a sheet of music in his hand.