Chapter 1

Scene 1

The thumping bass of the music reverberated through the crowded room, filling the air with a pulsating energy that set the dance floor ablaze. Pihu stood amidst a sea of bodies, her friends laughing and chatting beside her as they lost themselves in the rhythm of the music.

"Come on, Pihu! Let's dance!" one of her friends exclaimed, pulling her into the center of the dance floor.

Pihu laughed, the warmth of the alcohol coursing through her veins as she surrendered herself to the music. It was rare for her to let loose like this—to forget about her responsibilities and simply enjoy the moment. But tonight was different. Tonight, she was determined to make the most of the fleeting hours of freedom.

As the night wore on, Pihu found herself surrounded by a group of guys, their eager smiles and playful banter filling her with a sense of exhilaration. She danced with them, laughing and joking as they twirled her around the dance floor, the music blurring into a symphony of sound and motion.

But as the night grew later, Pihu's friends began to drift away one by one, until only a few remained—among them, a friend who had agreed to drive her home at the end of the night.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna head out," Pihu said, her voice slightly slurred from the alcohol. "Can I get my keys back?"

Her friend frowned, digging through her purse in search of the keys. "I think I gave them to someone else," she admitted, her brow furrowing in concern.

Pihu's heart sank at the realization. She had been careless—too caught up in the moment to remember where she had left her keys. And now, with no way to get home, she felt a sense of unease settle over her like a dark cloud.

"I'll just take a cab," Pihu said, forcing a smile as she waved goodbye to her friends. "I'll see you guys later."

With a heavy heart, Pihu made her way outside, the cool night air washing over her like a balm. She hailed a cab, giving the driver her address before settling back into the seat with a sigh of relief.

But as the cab wound its way through the city streets, Pihu's sense of unease returned, the darkness outside pressing in on her like a weight on her chest. She watched nervously as the familiar landmarks of the city faded into obscurity, replaced by unfamiliar alleyways and dimly lit streets.

"Um, excuse me," Pihu said, her voice trembling slightly. "I think you missed the turn."

The cab driver said nothing, his eyes fixed on the road ahead as he continued to drive deeper into the heart of the city. Pihu's heart raced with panic as she realized that something was wrong—that she was no longer in control of her own destiny.

"Hey, where are you taking me?" Pihu demanded, her voice rising with fear.

But before the cab driver could respond, he suddenly pulled over to the side of the road, bringing the car to a screeching halt in the middle of a deserted alleyway. Pihu's breath caught in her throat as she realized that she was trapped—a helpless victim at the mercy of a stranger.

"Get out," the cab driver growled, his voice low and menacing.

Pihu's hands shook as she fumbled for the door handle, her mind racing with fear and uncertainty. She knew that she had to get out of the cab—that she had to escape before it was too late. But as she stepped out onto the pavement, her heart pounding in her chest, she found herself frozen in place—a lone figure emerging from the darkness, his presence commanding attention even in the dimly lit alleyway.

The man's eyes bore into her with an intensity that sent a shiver down her spine. He was tall and imposing, with chiseled features and a powerful aura that seemed to fill the space around him. But despite the fear that gripped her, there was something about him that drew her in—a magnetic pull that she couldn't resist.

"What's going on here?" the man demanded, his voice cutting through the tense silence like a knife.

The cab driver hesitated, casting a wary glance in the man's direction. "None of your business," he muttered, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.

But before he could react, the man lunged forward, grabbing the cab driver by the collar and pulling him out of the car with a strength that belied his lean frame. Pihu watched in shock as the two men grappled with each other, their voices rising in a cacophony of anger and fear.

With a start, Pihu realized that this was her chance to escape. She turned to run, her heart pounding in her chest as she stumbled through the darkness. But as she rounded a corner, her foot caught on something—a tangle of debris that sent her sprawling to the ground with a cry of pain.

Pihu's heart raced as she scrambled to her feet, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she searched frantically for a way out. And then, suddenly, she saw it—a figure lying motionless on the ground, a pool of blood spreading beneath him like a dark stain on the pavement.