𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3: 𝓘 𝓦𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓨𝓸𝓾 (Revised)

Zɪɴɴɪᴀ's POV
༄༄༄༄༄

I woke up groggily, head pounding, in the clothes I was in yesterday.  My head felt like someone was banging it over and over with a desk. Just how much did I drink last night? I faintly remember the events of yesterday, although the images are blurry, the feelings were vivid. I felt....warm. Like if I was close to giving someone a kiss. Itsuomi.

Placing my hand on my head I squinted as I tried to get up. My heart drops as I realize it's 12:30pm. I had nearly missed a whole day of school. I couldn't believe it. This was so unlike me. Shaking my head ashamed something catches my eye. There's a cup of water and a painkiller with a note next to it. I eye the note, reading it's contents.

"Seemed like you partied  pretty hard last night. I took you home, thought you might need a painkiller for when you wake up. I'll come by to check on you later, love you" -Itsuomi ♡︎

I clutched the note to my heart tightly. Suddenly I felt dizzy and it wasn't from my hangover. He loves me? He.... Loves me?! I had tried for so long to say those words to him only for him to turn around and say it to me. Smiling from ear to ear. I pondered as to why he said it now, why after a month of not seeing me. Why now? Perhaps the words didn't have the same meaning to him as they did for me. Perhaps they didn't hold the weight for him, like the did on my chest. I wish I could remember what happened last night. I wish I knew, so I could prepare myself to face Shin or Itsuomi, in case I did something stupid or embarrassing.

The painkiller went into my system as I swallowed the water Itsuomi left for me. It tasted sweet. Water has never tasted this good before, maybe because he poured it for me. This was so cringey. Internally I rolled my eyes at myself.

There was no point in trying to make it to college now. The school day was basically over. I decided to stay at home and sulk in bed over everything. Hours past, it was starting to get dark, around 10pm there was a knock heard in my dorm house. Wearing my PJs I groggily got up from bed and looked through the peephole. A slight gasp escaped my lips, it was Itsuomi. Just standing there, a bag in hand, he knocks once more. I then remember the note; he did say he would come by to check on me later. My hand reaches toward the door knob but stops just inches away from it. What if he wants to talk about what happened last night? What if I did something stupid when I was drunk? What if I say something stupid? I back away from the door filled with my own anxiety.

A moment passed and for a second it seemed like he had left. And for a second I felt so dumb for letting him leave....until. The jingling of keys could be heard outside of my door. I heard a key go in and watched the door knob twist as my door became adjacent. Without a second thought I run back into my room, bundling myself in the covers and pretending to be asleep. I tried to stop my eyes from twitching so it would look more believable but it was no use, I was too nervous, my heart pounded out of my chest and my whole body started to burn up. The thought of him just being here sets me off, I hate that. I forgot I gave him a key.

Itsuomi's footsteps echo throughout the dorm. My room is past the kitchen area and living room, which are all near the front door, my room was all the way down. You couldn't miss it. I heard his feet walk down the hall. His footsteps became closer, and closer, and closer, until the door to my room was opened. My eyes were shut but I heard the sound of a plastic bag being ruffled, his steps walking closer to the side of my bed.  There was a stool near that side, I heard it being pulled out and scooted closer to me. I felt him rest his chin so close to where I was laying my head. My eyes twitched again. I tried to hard to stop it but I couldn't. He was so close to me and It felt like my body was on fire. I felt his breath; just how close was he? I was tempted to open my eyes but I decided against it.

His large soft had brushed some hair away from my face. "We both know you're not really asleep." He chuckled and I melted at the sound of his laugh. Slowly I opened my eyes to see his face inches apart from mines. This was it. This is how I die. I thought to myself. His eyes stayed on me, tracing every feature. I looked away and prayed this would be over soon. Itsuomi got closer.