𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Dumbledore's Office, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland, 2015

"Professor, where are Mr. and Mrs. Diggory?" Harry speaks up as they reach a stone gargoyle.

"They are with Professor Sprout," his voice shook slightly, Lyra's grip on Percy tightening at the mention of Cedric's parents, "she was head of Cedric's house. She knew him best."

Dumbledore spoke the password and the Gargoyle sprang to the side. "Mr. Jackson, if you could make your way to the Hospital wing, Miss Black, we shall meet you up there."

The two wizards went up the moving staircase, leaving Lyra and Percy alone again. Percy pulled her into his arms, kissing her forehead gently.

"I'll see you in a few minutes okay, Love? You'll be alright on your own?" She nodded shakily.

'My father,' she drew out with her wand, pointing up the staircase.

"It'll be fine, Ly, you want to see him right?" She nods again, "then you have nothing to worry about."

'What if he doesn't want to see me?'

"Lyra, if he didn't want to see you, he wouldn't have come all the way to camp. He reached out first, I'm sure he wants to see you." She takes a deep breath, wincing imperceptibly at the pain in her throat. "I love you Lyra, if you feel uncomfortable at any point just pray to my father, he'll let me know." Percy kissed her one last time before guiding her into the stairwell.

✶✷✶

Lyra gently knocked on the door to dumbledore's office, knowing very well she couldn't barge in as she does to Chiron back at camp.

"Come in," Dumbledore said quietly. She pushed the door open and stepped inside, eyes immediately finding the phoenix resting on Harry's knee before resting on the man whose gaze was fixed on her.