𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland, 2015

Lyra wakes up on the morning of the third task with a feeling of dread.

She'd slept horribly the night before, nightmares of their quest to the Labyrinth plaguing her mind. Her throat was raw from screaming.

"Morning Love," Percy presses his lips against her hair in an attempt at comfort.

"Morning," she whispers back, "we have to get up and go to breakfast now."

"We can stay here if you want," he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No, they need to see that I'm strong and ready for the task." Percy presses a kiss to her lips.

"Okay, let's go."

✶✷✶

The great hall erupted into cheers the moment they stepped into the room.

Lyra cracked a small smile, eyes connecting with Fleur's, both girls full of determination to prove themselves.

"Miss Black," Minerva McGonagall strode up to her goddaughter, "follow Mr. Potter and myself to the side chambers, your family is waiting in there to see you."

Lyra's eyebrows furrowed, her only family was her father, and he was apparently on the run. Nonetheless, she followed her godmother, only to stumble back in shock. Her mother and Percy's father were standing off to one side, looking very regal.

"Mom? Uncle P?" They smiled, "What are you doing here?" She asked allowing herself to be pulled into her mother's arms.

"We went to the first two tasks darling, what makes you think we'd miss this one?'

"I thought you'd have work," she mumbles.

"Things have been very quiet lately," Poseidon rumbles, ruffling his soon-to-be daughter-in-law's hair. "Besides, who's going to control Percy if something bad happens?" She made a face of understanding.