-nine

╔══════《✧》══════╗
Chapter Nine
.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
tornado warnings
—by fifteyshadesofdylan
╚══════《✧》══════╝

Nathan had been sitting at one of the tables in the main room of the police station. One of the eyewitnesses from the second death the day prior was trying to describe the woman he saw yesterday before everything had happened to the sketch artist. What the Detective didn't anticipate was to be interrupted by Duke Crocker waltzing into the room.

"Kind of busy here, Duke," Nathan sighed out, annoyed.

"You say that as if I come here looking for you ever," Duke scoffed, "Where's Audrey?"

"Working a case, also busy."

"She really doesn't know how to cancel appointments, does she?" Duke asked.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "Find someone else to pal around with. What about Louisa?"

Duke's cocky attitude that he had on when he first walked into the room quickly dropped.

Louisa.

The woman was currently a sore spot for the Crocker man.

"No can do. We're not talking right now. She seems to like you more than me all of the sudden," Duke said bitterly.

Nathan tilted his head a little, "Are you insinuating I'm the reason you aren't talking?"

"Slightly. And maybe, also it was how I went about it," Duke grumbled. Though Duke now wanted a distraction from his issues with Louisa.

He looked at the people at the table before pausing, "I'm sorry to interrupt. Is it weird to hook up with your old babysitter? And is it bad if I'm doing it just to momentarily forget about a woman who I might actually kinda have a thing for?"

"You're kidding, right?" Nathan asked him. 

"No."

"I don't have time for this," Nathan shook his head. Not wanting to deal with Duke's sudden crisis of if he should hook up with a woman just to forget about Louisa. And he also wasn't going to encourage him either because he didn't want Louisa to be impacted in any way whether it would be negatively or not.

Duke poked at the teenager sitting in the wooden chair, "Hey, kid. What do you think?"

"Are they hot?" The kid shrugged, not really seeing an issue. As if a teenager's opinion should determine what he should do.

"Well, yeah. Obviously. You?" Duke turned to the sketch artist for their opinion before he paused. Seeing the portrait that had been drawn out. One that oddly enough looked like Vanessa.

"If it's to forget about another girl, it's not worth it. Because it's only temporary," The artist told him while he continued to shade the drawing in.

"Duke..." Nathan spoke up, catching the man's attention, "Go."

"I'm off like a dirty shirt," Duke saluted, suddenly wanting to leave the station. All he knew is that he had to reach out to Vanessa more than ever now. He wanted to know why they were suddenly looking at her as a suspect for yesterday's deaths.