-three

╔══════《✧》══════╗
Chapter Three
.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
tornado warnings
—by fifteyshadesofdylan
╚══════《✧》══════╝

Louisa stood in the middle of her living room with her hands on her hips while she looked at Nathan with an astonished expression. He had just thrown back a beer in the middle of the day before he decided to sprawl out across her couch. Something the woman wouldn't have ever guessed she'd witness from the slightly uptight man. But he seemed to need a friend? At least someone who wasn't Audrey to help with his Audrey issue. He was a mess yet in his own way. Still seeming like he had all his shit together on the outside though on the inside he seemed to be a disaster. Or a disaster waiting to happen.

"You know, you could've just asked her what he meant by that?" Louisa pointed out to Nathan.

"But I didn't want to come off as obsessed, Louisa. If I'm questioning her plans with Duke Crocker, out of all people, I feel like I would end up looking crazy for caring," Nathan ranted. Louisa sighed, slightly getting where he was coming from. He was wondering if where he stood with Audrey was potentially jeopardized.

"Aren't you a detective? Don't you quite literally ask questions as part of your job?" Louisa asked, Nathan gave her a look. She raised her hands up in defense. Clearly he didn't like that response from her. As his on-the-spot therapist, Louisa didn't know how to go about the situation in a Nathan-stance. She was already in a pickle herself.

Wait. Am I actually in a pickle or am I just blind? She wondered.

Could be both.

He rubbed his hand over his face, "She's still new to town. I feel like it's selfish of me if I try to keep her to myself. We aren't even together. We're just... partners. Work partners."

Nathan clearly began to feel like he was being dramatic.

He was.

But it was besides the point. His dramatics were a little reasonable. Though the blonde still called his bullshit when it came to "work partners." Yeah, sure, okay.

Louisa hummed, "If that's all you are, you wouldn't care as much as you do. And that's completely alright."

She tried to reason with him. Of course it was such a Nathan move to not want to admit to his obvious feelings for his female counterpart. Him and Audrey were two peas in a pod from an outsider's perspective. Anyone with eyes could see that Nathan Wuornos liked the woman he worked with. And it seemed, for the most part, that Audrey Parker liked him too?

"I've never felt..." Nathan trailed off once he looked at the woman. Trying to form a proper sentence so he didn't give away his own secret. Knowing that Louisa was still out of the loop on the Troubles around town. Something that surprised him because he assumed she would've figured it out herself or that Dave and Vince would've had a slip up.

"I'm just not used to feeling this sort of way. Maybe it's just because I keep to myself usually so it's just different?" Nathan shrugged.

"Maybe. Or maybe... by chance. You like Audrey more than you would like to admit."

Nathan scoffed, "I highly doubt that."

"Hey, don't get all grouchy. Let me remind you that you came to me in the first place," Louisa told him, "I could've slammed the door in your face."

"And I could've pulled my badge," Nathan tried to use his authority to one up the female. Though it was in a more playful and challenging manner.

"You wouldn't step foot inside the house without a warrant. I know my rights," Louisa raised her eyebrow slightly causing Nathan to chuckle. She was good.