25 | Out

"Alright, I'll get you to the nurse!" Hinata said after an eternity of sliding around on the ice. They were finally on normal ground again.

"I'm okay now," Komaeda said.

"Huh??"

"Thanks for carrying me. I feel much better now." He said as Hinata put him down.

"Damn... No problem, I guess,"

Komaeda bent down and took off his skates.

"I still don't get how you're so flexible,"

"Lots of practice," Komaeda said, almost folded in half. He stood up straight again and made his way to the locker room, being followed by Hinata. Once they entered it, Komaeda grabbed the hem of his dress.

"Turn around, please,"

"Yeah." Hinata turned away from him and Komaeda took off his clothes.

"Can you hand me my spare clothes?" He asked.

"Yo." He grabbed the bag. "A shirt... pants... a crop top..." Hinata muttered, taking the clothes out of it.

"A crop top?" Komaeda asked, confused.

"Yeah, here." Hinata gave it to him from the back.

Komaeda stared at his spare binder. "That's not a crop top,"

"Then what is it?"

"Uhm... it's supposed to... like..."

"Oh, I get it, I've heard of these before!" Hinata said.

"You have?"

"Yeah!" He nodded. "Women used to wear these back in the day to make their waists smaller,"

"A corset?"

"Yeah,"

"No. This thing doesn't even go around my waist," Komaeda said. "I'll tell you what it is, just... promise not to tell anyone, okay?"

"I promise,"

"It's a binder. I uhm... you know... wasn't born a boy,"

"...Oh. I get it now. It's okay,"

Komaeda finished changing. "You can look now,"

"Uh... Does it bother you when I call you pretty?"

"No, that's okay." He smiled.

"Is it bad if I-"

"You can treat me just like how you treated me before you knew," Komaeda told him.

Hinata nodded. "Roger. Then let's go to my dorm now,"

"Mhm!"

-

Hinata unlocked the door. "Souda, put on a shirt!" He called out. "I brought Komaeda!"

"Nu uh,"

"Nu uh??"

"Komaeda's a guy so I don't care,"

Hinata sighed and threw the pale boy's bag at Souda.

"Ow!"

"Komaeda, you can get some rest. I'll run you a bath, okay?" Hinata asked.

"You're so sweet, thank you." Komaeda sat down on the bed, smiling. Hinata went to the bathroom.

...

"Soooo... do you like Hinata?" Souda asked.

Komaeda blushed and looked away.

"So you do? I won't tell him. And like... I respect it, you know? But... my soul bro doesn't like guys,"

"...oh..." Komaeda felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. "Thanks for telling me..."

"No problem. I, uh, I'm sorry,"

"Komaeda! Your bath is ready!" Hinata called out. The pale boy went into the bathroom, sad. "I bought this bath bomb thing that's supposed to put bubbles in the bath for you. And I got something that makes the water pink," He said, proud of himself. "All for you, Evangeline,"

"Thank you... It's really nice,"

Hinata's smile fell. "You okay? You seem a bit upset,"

"I'm fine..." He looked at Hinata. Why did he even think he had a chance with him anyway?

"You can tell me,"

"...I don't want to,"

Hinata ruffled his hair. "Alright. But I'm here for you if you change your mind." After that, he left the bathroom. Once he was sure Komaeda couldn't hear him, he sat down on the bed and talked to Souda.

"Bro?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh... We're best friends, right?"

"Of course!"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure,"

"I like girls... and guys,"

"Shit!!"

"The hell kinda reaction is that??"

"No! I mean- I accept you and all that stuff! But like- shit!!"