Running Towards Daybreak

[A/N: Hi! So I want to start off by thanking Shibuya_Norika for the great cover she made me :) I'm not going to say much this time around, but I hope all of you remember to vote, comment and become a fan <3 I really appreciate it!]

RUNNING TOWARDS DAYBREAK

PREFACE

I made my way to the studio, wanting to practice for my upcoming event. The others had long gone to their homes and planned to take it easy for the next few days. I envied that aspect of everyone. No matter how big or important an event, they were always able to remain calm. I, on the other hand, was nearly always a nervous mess.

For this next event I was to be the opening act, unlike our usual opening with Miku-San. In truth, I only had myself to blame. Stupid me was always complaining about being underappreciated at our events and having to live under the shadow of Miku-San and her ego.

Yukari-Chan seemed to be the only one to agree with my thoughts. I didn't understand why others didn't agree. Everyone works so hard, yet not everyone gets the same recognition from the fans. For instance, CUL did a great performance of 'Circus Monster', a less common song to use, a few weeks ago in Kawasaki but no one gave it any care. It was underpraised because the next song was a chorus of 'Last Night, Goodnight', a widely known and loved song. It was, of course, lead by Miku-San.

As I reached the art studio, I let out a sigh at the thought of what my performance would have to show up. The opening piece had to be exactly perfect or Miku and Kaito's next piece, 'Cantarella' would over power and it would ruin the structure of our entire performance.

The song I chose to sing was 'NEKO NEKO ☆ SUUPAA FIIBAA NAITO'. Why? It is a fairly well-known song and it's a great song to get your blood pumping. The dominant beating of the bass was delicious to even my ears and it just makes you want to dance.

I sat at my desk station and started up my music. Within a few minutes I was ready to rock and roll. I moved to the center of the room and started with the music.

"NEKO NEKO ☆ SUUPAA FIIBAA NAITO

(Neko Neko ☆ Super Fever Night)

"Gareki no you na machi de  futari

Hikareau you ni deatta

Kokkyou nante tobikoe

Omoikiri  kimi e Dive

(In the wreckage of a town

The two of us met, as if drawn together by fate

The fact that we have different origins doesn't matter

With all my might  I will dive into you)

"Odore ya odore  Tonight

Kowareru kurai  tada  Lovin' you

(Dance, dance  tonight

Until I break  I just want to be  lovin' you)

"NEKO NEKO ☆ SUUPAA FIIBAA NAITO

Koi wa masa ni Shock!

NEKO NEKO ☆ SUUPAA FIIBAA NAITO

Kousa suru Desire!

Kimi dake ni sasageru

Boom Boom  aishite

Sono ude de dakishimete

Tokete hitotsu ni naru made"

(Neko Neko ☆ Super Fever Night

Love is truly a shock!

Neko Neko ☆ Super Fever Night

As our desire intersects

I will give this only to you

Boom boom  so love me

Hold me tightly in your arms

Until we melt together into one)

The music rang through my ears as my mouth was in sync with my body, hitting every note and landing every step. I soon found myself caught up in my own little world, completely oblivious to everything else. The music always effected me that way. 

Something was strange though. My body was starting to go numb, the same for my mind. I knew I was still dancing and singing along perfectly, yet I wasn't in my body. I opened my eyes only to be blinded by a white light.

I was fully aware now, fighting to get back to my body. Panic was coursing through my veins and I desperately tried to make a noise, or just, something. The light continued to get brighter until I just couldn't take anymore and my mind gave out and I sunk into unconsciousness.

***

There was a streak of light through the sky which was followed by a loud crashing noise. People in the market seemed to freeze where they were, perfect statues, as though their shock had turned them to stone. Not far from the now silent market, two men wearing long black cloaks made their way to the source of the uneasiness.

As they walked the wind blew past them, causing the cloud insignia on the cloaks to wave around crazily. The two of them cautiously went towards the unknown object, wary of what it may be. What they found was a shocker, even for them.

A girl, only looking to be about twelve years old, in a strange getup was lying unconscious in a crater made by the impact. The men gave each other a strange look before the taller one spoke.

"We should bring her back to base. They others would love to hear about this," his sharp, white teeth contrasting greatly with his blue skin.

The man's partner didn't say anything as the wind blew his long, dark brown hair around his face. He merely shrugged before turning around and making his way back to their base.

The taller man bent down and picked up the girl before following his partner towards their base in the mountains.