"Exactly my point. What if others saw you? What will they think?" I press, my voice rising unintentionally.

"Alex!" she exclaims, shocked by my outburst, but she delivers a cutting retort before I can respond. "Fuck you!" With that, she turns on her heel and storms away, leaving me stunned and speechless.

I grimace, running a hand through my hair in frustration. What have I done? My anger got the best of me, and instead of addressing the real issue—feeling neglected—I lashed out at Hannah, unfairly questioning her suitability as a future Luna. It was a foolish move, and now I've only succeeded in pushing her further away. I curse under my breath, berating myself for my lack of patience and understanding. Great job, Alex, I think bitterly, feeling a wave of regret wash over me.

We begin our training session, and it quickly becomes evident that Hannah is the standout performer. Her movements are fluid and precise, her strikes landing with remarkable accuracy. With each bout, she outmatches her opponents effortlessly, showcasing a level of skill that surprises everyone, including myself and my brothers. The atmosphere hums with admiration and respect as she dominates the sparring matches, leaving no doubt about her abilities. Pride swells within me as I observe her prowess, a silent testament to her strength and determination. Despite her impressive display, she still hasn't spoken to me, but hopefully not for long.

HANNAH

I pant heavily, hands resting on my knees as sweat beads on my forehead. Just finishing a sparring session with one of the pack members, I'm utterly exhausted. Despite the fatigue, I emerged victorious and attribute some of my strength today to Alex. His earlier comment, combined with the anger I felt from witnessing him console Alice, fueled my determination. The intensity of the fight also helped to quell my anger, and now I find myself not as furious with him as before. I straighten up, reaching for a bottle of water, and someone nearby seems to anticipate my need, offering it to me without a word.

"You were amazing," Jason compliments, handing me the bottle of water.

"Thank you," I reply, quickly uncapping it and downing its contents in one go.

"If you don't mind, I'd love to know why my future Luna asked me to pretend like we were in a funny conversation earlier," Jason inquires, a playful grin on his face as he wiggles his brows.

A pang of shame washes over me as I recall my earlier behavior. I had known Alex was watching me, so I had impulsively asked Jason to say anything, only to pretend it was hilarious to spite Alex. But now, faced with Jason's kindness and genuine interest, I feel guilty for manipulating the situation without even knowing him.

"It's okay. We can pretend that we are just meeting for the first time," Jason suggests, clearing his throat and extending his hand. "Hi, my name is Jason. What's yours?" he asks, his smile warm and welcoming.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Hannah," I reply, shaking his hand firmly.

"Nice to meet you too, and I have to say, you don't come off as I always heard," he remarks, studying me intently.

I exhale deeply. "Trust me, I am nothing like the rumors," I assure him.

"Prove it to me by having dinner with me tonight," Jason says, his words catching me off guard. I blink rapidly, unable to believe he just said that. He bursts out laughing at my surprised expression.

"Of course, not as a date, and Alex will be there, of course," he clarifies, and I let out a relieved chuckle.

"Oh," I reply, feeling a bit foolish for my initial reaction.

"Yeah, I thought it would be nice if the three of us got together for dinner. That way, I could get to know you better," Jason explains.

"That would be nice," I agree, genuinely touched by his gesture.

"Great, see you and Alex by 7 p.m. He knows which restaurant to meet up with," Jason says before walking away.

I head back into the packhouse and make my way to Alex's room to shower. I recall Luna Marley mentioning that this was the room I would stay in whenever I visited. I take my time washing off the dirt and sweat from my body before stepping out. As I exit the shower, I notice Alex entering the room, and I instinctively hiss before retreating into the closet. I'm no longer angry with him, but I also don't feel like facing him right now.

"Be ready by 7; we have dinner with Jason," he calls out from outside the walk-in closet, the sound of clothes being shuffled indicating that he's undressing to shower.

"I know," I reply, applying moisturizer to my face. Despite being a werewolf, I still prioritize maintaining flawless skin.

We get ready and head to the restaurant Jason picked. The car ride is silent, with neither of us saying anything to each other. To my surprise, he helps me out of the Range Rover when we arrive and wraps his arm around my waist walking us inside. If I didn't know better, I would say he was marking his territory with all these behaviors. We get ready and head to the restaurant Jason chose. The car ride is silent, tension hanging heavy in the air, each passing moment filled with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. Surprisingly, Alex offers me his hand as we step out of the Range Rover upon arrival. With his arm around my waist, guiding me inside, I can't help but feel a sense of possessiveness in his touch, as if he's staking a claim.

Spotting Jason in a cozy corner of the restaurant, we make our way over to him. His eyes light up with relief upon seeing us.

"I was starting to believe I'd have to finish a bottle of wine alone," Jason quips with a wry smile as we approach.

"Sorry, we're late. Traffic," Alex fibs smoothly, pulling out a chair for me. It's a lie, as it was actually my indecision about what to wear that delayed us. I can't help but wonder why he felt the need to cover for me.

"That's fine. It's great you guys are here now," Jason replies warmly, shooting me a small, understanding smile. I return it, and Alex clears his throat as he takes his seat, drawing our attention. I roll my eyes at his theatrics and signal for a waiter to come to our table.

We place our orders, and Jason starts asking me questions, showing genuine interest in getting to know me. I eagerly respond, enjoying the attention and connection, though I choose to steer clear of discussing the darker aspects of my life, wanting to keep the evening light and pleasant.

"I didn't know all those things about you," Alex remarks, his gaze focused on me as if trying to unravel hidden layers.

"I guess you do now," I reply casually, taking a sip of my mojito to hide any hint of unease.

"You know, there are things about Alex that, if I told you, would make you reconsider marrying him," Jason teases with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Don't you dare," Alex interjects, his tone firm as he shoots Jason a warning look.

"Now, I would even do it for free," Jason jokes, turning to me with an amused grin. I can't help but wonder what embarrassing secrets Alex is hiding, his discomfort evident.

"I'm all ears," I say, smirking, watching as Alex's face pales, and he nearly chokes on his drink.

Jason eagerly spills the beans, recounting Alex's youthful mishaps with gleeful detail. I laugh until my stomach aches, finding a newfound camaraderie with Alex as he eventually joins in, sharing embarrassing anecdotes of Jason's past exploits. The tension dissipates, replaced by shared laughter and a deeper bond between us all.

As the evening draws to a close, the weight of my earlier frustration with Alex melts away in the warmth of our laughter. Despite the rocky start, I realize I've had a truly wonderful time. I choose to let go of the resentment, buoyed by the joy of our shared experiences.

Heading home together, I feel content, my heart lighter with the memories of the evening. As I slip into bed, a sense of happiness washes over me, fueled by the newfound connection with Jason and the anticipation of what the future holds. With a smile on my lips, I drift off to sleep, eager for the adventures that await.