Chapter 14: Jubilife City

Start from the beginning

Everyone got a weird feeling around the Elite Four member. His hard glare, his condescending look, it was quite off-putting, but there was something else about him that made them feel uncomfortable. It was like a gut feeling they had...

Standing next to him was a large black Lucario, a very peculiar colour variation for the usually blue bipedal canine. Just like its trainer, it wore a serious expression, and it certainly gave off an intimidating aura, literally and metaphorically. It was Silas' partner, his black hound, feared throughout the land all over. Together they made a fierce fighting duo, human alongside Pokémon.

And, sitting beside him was his younger brother, Riley, and his much smaller Riolu. He questioned whether this was really a meeting that he should be privy to, but Silas deemed him old enough. They were part of a small breed of people who could really bring some change, and including him in the discussion early was important. Guardians of Sinnoh.

The siblings were both mostly reclusive but most of the public had obviously heard about the two brothers and their Lucario and Riolu

The siblings were both mostly reclusive but most of the public had obviously heard about the two brothers and their Lucario and Riolu. They had attracted quite the cult following themselves, but more so obsessive fangirls rather than evil murdering psychopaths. A fact that annoyed the Elite Four member to no end. Because they had a job to do, and that was securing the future of Sinnoh for generations to come. Signing autographs, taking photographs, all of it meant nothing, especially when people's lives were on the line. Silas envied those who lived in such a blissful ignorance towards the world around them...

If Sinnoh was left drifting along the path it had been set upon then there wouldn't be a Sinnoh left for anyone.

"Trust me, Silas, we're doing everything we can, but with every step we take forward, we're forced to take two back, it's like they know our every move. And, we don't have enough competent trainers to face up against them in a fight. The International Police is already throwing manpower into Kanto and Johto to deal with Team Rocket. Sinnoh's problems seem less important by comparison..."

Silas' eyes twitched in irritation of the comments made. He was very proud of his region, and its history and culture. "Sinnoh's problems are the fault of both Kanto and Johto's inability to clean up their own problems. We wouldn't be dealing with a Hunter crisis if their governments had dealt with them properly before they grew too strong. And now, you tell me, the International Police doesn't care about our problems here?" He didn't raise his voice but each word stung with a deadly venom.

Looker recoiled knowing he wasn't going to win against the Elite Four member in this debate, and so did many of the other International Police around the table. "Brother, enough." Riley mumbled, eyeing him from under the brim of his hat. Silas stared back at him before relenting, rolling his eyes. "I'm going to go survey the city, keep me updated, I want to hear about anything that crops up." Silas ordered, pushing himself up from the table, followed by Riley and the two bipedal dog Pokémon. Looker nodded. "Yes sir, keep safe, Jubilife isn't as safe as it used to be..."