Chapter 13: A Brave Warrior

Começar do início

And, before long he found it. "Starly, the Starling Pokemon..." The robotic voice spoke. [Y/N] raised an unimpressed brow. "How original." It continued on unable to hear his commentary. "They flock in great numbers, however, they bicker if the group grows too big. They are barely noticeable when alone. Though small, they flap their wings with great power and its cries are very strident." Piplup cried at him her disapproval, and he knew exactly what she meant despite not speaking the penguin's tongue. "If you weren't a flightless bird than I wouldn't need to get one, alright?" He said, leaving the water-type to sulk. Turtwig chuckled at her antics, a low raspy sound.

All he had learned was that they move in large groups, and had very noticeable bird calls, and he was quickly realising that this was going to be slightly more tedious than he expected. [Y/N] sighed but he wasn't deterred, this was a part of the trainer's journey, he just had to accept it.

He hoped that it wouldn't take much longer, but in reality he hadn't the faintest clue how long it would take...

Deeper into the woods however, a rather confusing scene took place, unbeknownst to the travelling trainer and his three Pokémon.

A large flock of Starly called out, shrieking with fury, beating their wings in an intimidating fashion, settling a serious dispute. There had to have been around twenty in total, and they all stood on one side of the clearing. At the front of the force of birds was one larger Pokémon, a Staravia, the second-stage evolution of Starly. It was far fatter than the rest, but also more damaged, with a dark mark atop it's temple. 

Opposing them was one lone Starly, battered and bruised, with one eye shut closed, and his beak clamped tight

Opposing them was one lone Starly, battered and bruised, with one eye shut closed, and his beak clamped tight. There was a defiant anger behind the bird's eyes, staring down the rest of the roaming flock. He cawed out at them. "Star..." He muttered with an evident malice, but also a hint of betrayal to his voice. However, despite how hurt he looked, he never backed down, standing tall against the army of his brothers and sisters. A brave warrior facing down overwhelming odds...

And yet he refused to give up now, he simply couldn't. His pride was too valuable to simply throw away. Even if he died here, he would die doing so with the most honourable death in the entire history of his flock. His old flock, Starly didn't have a flock anymore, he had been kicked out. It had grown too large too fast and far more charismatic, more personable Starlys took the helm.

He was seen as an outsider, rough around the edges, prone to ignore their rules, and do his own thing. They didn't like that, it upset the flock's dynamic, and they simply couldn't have one of their kind disobeying orders. It wasn't hard to tell he wasn't liked by the rest, and over time he became the flock's black sheep. There had been attempts to get rid of him sooner but today was the final straw, when he fought back against the pushing and prodding and bullying. It wasn't worth the abuse, and he struck back against their leader, earning him a red bump.

They didn't take that very well at all.

For the last twenty minutes they had been at a stand-off, unable to accept the attack. There had to be some punishment for the egregious offence. And so, with the force of the entire flock at their disposal, it soon became one versus all. There wasn't any chance that the sole rebel would escape alive, it was impossible. They had the group on their side, and numbers were the most important factor. However, not everything was going as they may have wanted...