3. Do you remember?

Începe de la început

Fire away, kid

Have you ever had reoccurring nightmares that wouldn't go away, even though you've tried everything in the book to get rid of them

And it's of something that happened to you in real life but you barely remember it

Purely hypothetical ofc

Hmhm, of course

Actually, yea I did.

You don't happen to have a way to get rid of them, do you?

I tried facing the reason that caused the nightmares

It helped a great deal

Communication is an option too, but I prefer the first one :)

Hmm, I get that

The thing is, I cant really face it that easily...

I'll try tho :)

Thanks for the help, corn on the cob🌽

Anytime, Popcorn🍿

------˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚ -----

,,Earth to Saylor, are you there??"

Juliette's voice cut the silence like a knife, her voice a mix of amusement and annoyance. She'd apparently decided that she wanted to talk to people again, so she asked her best friend something said girl missed.

,,Hm, yea, I'm listening. Ouhh, yea that thing, really annoying, definitely"

The brunette looked up, her eyes wide and lips pressed together to make it seem like she knew exactly what her best friend was talking about. Juliette just chuckled a little, before explaining what she'd just talked about.

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

Natasha's POV (the day before):

,,Earth to Natasha, are you there??"

Clint Barton asked into the redhead's ear piece, replacing the static she'd heard up to this moment.

The team was out, tracking down New York's biggest worry, up until she disappeared two months ago, never to have been heard of again.

All they knew that she was from the red room, incredibly skilled in combat and seemed to possess some sort of mental manipulation power she used to escape every time.

Natasha specifically wanted nothing more than to find that girl, since she knew how horrible the red room had been to her. She didn't even wanna imagine what it was like for the girl with powers like that.

,,Hm, yea, I'm listening. Any sign of her?"

,,Nope, nothing. She really seems to be gone just like that"

Clint sighed, his voice radiating worry. He knew that his best friend had a special kind of fixation on that girl whom they only knew by her powers.

The static he heard through his ear piece spoke louder than Nats words ever could. Truth was, she was kinda worried about the widow, even though she had no connection to her whatsoever.

,,Dyou think they took her out? What if she found a way to resist and they made sure she never did that again-"

,,Natasha"

Clint cut across her rambling. He just had an idea of why the girl just disappear all of a sudden.

,,What if she got out and is hiding somewhere now?"

Before Natasha could answer, both agents whipped their heads towards the loud bang that cut through the air. Apparently, there had been some sort of commotion in one of the alleys.

,,What was that?"

The redhead asked, her brows furrowed. In the same moment, her watch beeped, alerting her of the meeting they were having in ten minutes.

,,Probably nothing. We gotta get back to the compound ... or we're gonna deal with Tony's hate speech and sassy comments asking why we're late"

Clint sighed, his voice taking on a more joking tone as he spoke of their colleague. He could hear Natasha chuckle over the ear piece, before she agreed.

So, exactly ten minutes later, they sat in the meeting, listening to Tony talk about the usual stuff.

Natasha's attention was averted though, by a mysterious person who kept calling her Juliette. At first, she was confused, even a bit annoyed, but then the person asked if she knew how to nurse a stab wound.

For some reason, she took a liking to the mystery girl. It was almost as if she knew her, as if they shared some sort of connection.

Natasha knew her new friend must be younger than her, simply by the way she texted, the way she used emojis, the way her sentences were put. Maybe the average person wouldn't have found all this out over the course of only a few hours, but then again, the redhead wasn't the average person.

Little did she know just how much they had in common, just how much they shared. Little did she know that her newfound friend was just the person she'd been searching for, for the last 2 years.

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

A/N: Hey hey, have you missed me yet, beautiful people?? I know it's been really quiet over here and I've made you wait for 2 weeks now, but with the oneshots twice a week and somehow having to stay on top with school work, this has taken me longer than I'd have liked it to :)
Anyways, what did you think about this new chapter? I still need a lot of input from you guys, since I'm really new to this concept and having to come up with a plot, soooo, I want to know what you liked and what you'd want me to change.
Okay, that's it from my side, have a great day/night, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33