Chapter 148: Comet's Return!/ V5 Part two!

Start from the beginning

As I neared Kala, I saw how she tightly gripped the sword before launching herself at me while seemingly aiming to separate my head from my body; yet, from perspective, she was moving even slower than a snail. When her sword was about to reach me, I used my hand to grab her blade, stopping her in her tracks; she then attempted to release her sword, though before she could, I enveloped her in a tight hug.

"You bastard! Let go of me!" Said Kala, her voice laced with killing intent while constantly attacking Comet.

"Kala, what happened to you? Are you angry with me for disappearing for nearly half a millennium? I'm sorry for leaving you and your sisters alone; I hope you can forgive me." Announced Comet softly while looking into her eyes, which did slightly dampen her killing intent.

"Listen, Comet, or whatever your name is, let me go this instance! My sister is May, daughter of the Sect Master, so if you wish to live, I suggest you let me go and leave right now!" Stated Kala angrily as she stopped attacking Comet and eyed him.

"So May isn't the Sect Master yet? That's surprising; it's been roughly four-hundred years; I figured she would've become the Sect Master or Sect Mistress by now." Commented Comet while still affectionally hugging Kala, much to her anger.

"May isn't the Sect Master, and I'll only give you one more warning! Let me go; I don't want any man touching me other than my Husband!" Declared Kala as she tried her hardest to escape Comet's hug, though her words caused him to frown.

"What do you mean husband, Kala? We haven't got married yet." Questioned Comet with a frown, though someone entered the room before Kala could say anything.

"I've just returned from the mission hall, Kala; I managed to find one suitable for us, but it will be slightly dangerous, so we may need to prepare." Said a young man with a core disciple emblem on his robe.

Seeing the young man enter the room caused my frown to deepen; however, while observing him, I noticed that his presence was deeply mixed with Kala's and vice versa. Such a revelation caused me to be filled with anger and sadness when I realized what had been going on between the two.

"You; who are you!? No, I don't care who you are; let go of my beloved, Kala!" Yelled the young man angrily when he noticed Comet hugging Kala, who was still trying to escape.

Watching the young man unsheathe his sword in anger and attack me, I released Kala before appearing directly in front of him, surprising him as I swiftly grabbed him by the throat and lifted him in the air.

"I know I've been gone for a long time, but for you, Kala, to forget about me and give your heart and body to another man! I-I can't believe you, among all my women, would do such a thing to me!" Said Comet in anger and sadness while tightly squeezing the young man to death.

"Y-You crazy bastard! Let go of my husband!" Exclaimed Kala as she grabbed her sword and attempted to slice Comet, but all of her attacks harmlessly bounced off his body.

Seeing how Kala had truly forgotten about me and wantonly attacked me, all the love I had for her was slowly being turned into anger and sadness; everything I did for her was for naught, I had thought we truly loved each other, but it seemed like it was only one-sided.

"Wait, Comet! Something suspicious is going on!" Declared Gel, who appeared in front of Comet's teary eyes just in time to save the young man from getting killed.

"What do you mean something suspicious is going on!? Can't you see it's obvious, Gel!? That slut Kala had forgotten about me and hooked up with another man after I left!" Said Comet in anger as he violently threw the young man into the wall, causing him to crash through several houses in the distance.

"I know you're angry and sad right now, Comet, but first, I'd like to mention that because of the time difference, although you spent four-hundred years in that realm, only four years had passed here; that is why everything looks and feels similar since not much time has passed. Secondly, you probably would've noticed it if your emotions weren't controlling you, but there is something wrong about Kala; it would be impossible for her to forget about you within four years unless there was some outside influence." Stated Gel calmly as her words managed to pacify Comet somewhat.

Listening to Gel, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself before opening them again and eyeing Kala, who had been attacking me this entire time. Grabbing both of her arms, effectively immobilizing her, I glanced at Gel as I questioned the theory I had just created.

"You're right; if what you said is true, four years wouldn't be enough to forget me. So then, that can only mean one thing, her soul has been tampered with." Announced Comet as Gel nodded in response as they eyed the aggressive Kala.

"You're most likely right, although it doesn't seem like the person who manipulated Kala's soul did much, considering her personality hadn't changed one bit. She's always been feisty, from my memory." Said Gel seriously while Comet chuckled as he remembered all the times Kala got angry.

"Well, I know Kala better than anyone; we've spent almost all of our life together since my reincarnation, so finding something missing in her soul shouldn't be too difficult. Not to mention there shouldn't be anyone in this realm capable of leaving no traces behind when manipulating someone's soul." Remarked Comet lightly as he focused completely on Kala.

"Sorry about this, Kala, but I'm nearly positive someone has messed with your soul, and I will have to delve into your soul." Said Comet as he ignored Kala's angry remarks and sent a wisp of his soul into her body before it harmlessly submerged itself into her soul.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 236: Seduction Begins) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 118: A Date?) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 201: Trenza, The Dark Horse)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 148: Appearance Of The World Engine) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]