BREAKING THE CLAIM.

Chapter: 61
******

As the Lycgers were escorted out of the room, they encountered a group of elders along with their Birth Omega, who had detected the potent energy from the mating bond ritual. Concerned about the bond's intensity and its possible ramifications not just for the packs but particularly for their mate, the elders deliberated.

Within the chamber, Dirk lay unconscious, his breaths shallow and strained. Tricc, Kurt, and Seth grappled with a mix of emotions—guilt, confusion, and a newfound protective instinct towards their mate. They wrestled with the urge to remain by Dirk's side and the necessity of facing the fallout from their actions.

The pack elders insisted on relocating Dirk to a secluded spot where protective spells could be cast, hoping their magic would aid in his recovery. Tricc, Kurt, and Seth were ushered into Leon's private office, where Conri, Leon, and Dare awaited them.

At the sight of their father, Seth blurted, "What's happening?"

"Why are they separating us from him?" Tricc inquired, mirroring his brothers' confusion.

"And where are they taking him?" Kurt demanded.

"To prevent any reckless decisions on your part," Leon explained. "This is my responsibility; I shouldn't have allowed you to chase after him as you did." Leon's voice bore the weight of his sorrow, evident to all. He was shattered by what had transpired.

Conri rose, embracing Leon tightly. "We will rectify this; it's not solely your fault... You understand how we become when our mates accept us... reason fades, and our focus narrows to mating. They've yearned for this moment for so long... all four of them." Releasing his Soulmate, Conri stepped back as Leon trembled, tears cascading down his cheeks. Dare, wordless yet supportive, moved closer, encircling Leon with an arm as a gesture of comfort.

"I understand that you may be confused about why we intervened in your mating rituals, but if we hadn't, your mate's life would have been in jeopardy... When he marked you, a dark shadow loomed over the Packs and Clans. Dirk's demise would have brought ruin to us all, as his death signifies your deaths as well. What would happen to the Packs and Clans under the Alpha of Alphas?" Caleb addressed his son, Tricc, whose eyes widened in the realization of their Birth Omega's words. "Do you understand now? Our entire existence would have crumbled if this catastrophe had unfolded."

The triplets nodded, sharing significant glances. A deep understanding dawned upon them. Malta's hold on their mate remained unbroken, and marking Dirk without severing Malta's claim would not only result in Malta's demise but also Dirk's, leading to their deaths. They had indeed acted recklessly, consumed by desire and the urgency to unite with their mate, oblivious to this peril until now.

Before apologizing to their mate, they needed to learn how to assist in reviving Dirk. "Birth Omega," the triplets spoke in unison, meeting Caleb's gaze. "What should we do?" they inquired.

Caleb sighed, "I know you are eager to be beside your mate, but to do so, you must refrain from releasing your pheromones in his presence under any circumstances. As he is unconscious and unable to control his pheromones, the area where he is being treated will be saturated with his scent. Without mastering control over your pheromones, you cannot approach him." Caleb observed his sons, seeing their resolute nods.

*********

As Dirk lay unconscious, his chest moving in shallow breaths, the Lycgers encircled him, their expressions a blend of concern and guilt. Tricc knelt beside Dirk, his touch gentle on his mate's forehead, registering the coolness of his skin and the faint pulse beneath.