CHAPTER 3

Caspian: Pausing mid-toast as a servant approaches "Excuse me, what's the matter?"

Servant: Bowing respectfully "Your Highnesses, I have been sent by the king. He requests your presence in his chambers immediately."

Damien: Setting down his glass "Thank you for informing us. We'll make our way to the king's chambers right away."

Leo: Excitedly "I wonder what the king wants to discuss with us! Do you think it's about the upcoming council meeting?"

Caspian: Thoughtfully "It's possible, Leo. Or perhaps there's some other matter of importance he wishes to address."

Damien: Standing up from the table "Well, there's only one way to find out. Let's not keep him waiting."

The trio quickly finish their meal and make their way to the king's chambers, their minds buzzing with curiosity and anticipation. Little do they know, their meeting with the king is about to set them on a path they never could have imagined.

In the throne room

King Adrian: Addressing the princes as they enter the throne room "Welcome, my sons. The council has gathered, and it is time for an important announcement."

Caspian, Damien, and Leo take their seats, curiosity evident on their faces.

King Adrian: Clearing his throat before speaking "After much consideration and consultation with the council, I have decided that the time has come for Prince Caspian to be crowned as the new king."

Caspian: Surprised and taken aback "But Father, why? Are you not still in good health and capable of ruling?"

King Adrian: With a stern expression "Caspian, my son, my decision is final. The kingdom needs a young and energetic ruler, and I believe you are ready for this responsibility."

Caspian: Frustrated "But Father, I am not ready! I still have much to learn, and I fear I will not be able to live up to your legacy."

King Adrian: Patting Caspian's shoulder reassuringly "You have been groomed for this role your entire life, Caspian. I have every confidence in your ability to lead our kingdom into the future."

Caspian: Standing up, his voice rising "With all due respect, Father, I do not believe this is the right time for me to take the throne. I am not prepared to rule, and I cannot accept this decision."

King Adrian: Maintaining his composure "Caspian, I understand your concerns, but this is not a decision to be taken lightly. The council and I have deliberated extensively, and we believe this is the best course of action for our kingdom."

Caspian: Becoming more agitated "But Father, I want to earn the throne, not have it handed to me on a silver platter! I need more time to prove myself worthy of this honor."

King Adrian: With a steely gaze "Caspian, your time for proving yourself is now. The kingdom needs a leader, and you are the best suited for the role. I will hear no more arguments on this matter."

Caspian: Defeated, sinking back into his seat "As you wish, Father."

King Adrian: Softening his tone "I know you will, Caspian. I have every faith in you. Now, let us prepare for your coronation. Our kingdom awaits its new king.

Caspian: Quietly to himself, as they leave the court "The Valorian Empire will only suffer if I am made king before I am ready..."

Damien: Casting a concerned glance at Caspian, but choosing to remain silent, respecting his cousin's thoughts.

Leo: Nodding solemnly, his heart heavy with the weight of Caspian's words, but unsure of how to offer comfort.

The trio walks in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Damien and Leo exchange worried glances, but they know that this is a burden Caspian must bear on his own. As they continue on their way, they can only hope to find a way to support their friend and cousin through the challenges that lie ahead.