Chapter Sixteen

I'm currently at the school infirmary room. Aya is lying on the bed in front of me. It has been fifteen minutes since she collapsed and she still hasn't wake up. The teacher has called her mother and asked her to pick her daughter up. I ask the teacher in charge of the infirmary.

"Why did she suddenly collapsed?"

"It seems because of the fatigue that accumulated due to the lack of sleeps. Did she ever complain about having a throbbing pain in her heads?"

"Yes. She did complain about that."

"That's the problem then. She needs to rest properly after this. Make sure to tell her that."

I nod my head. Then I stare at Aya who seems to be sleeping soundly. Just what kind of thing that prevents her from sleeping? Did her sister come and bother her again?

"Nina. How's Aya?" Mary entered the room with Juna. They both look worried.

"It looks like she just tired. She needs to rest and then she will be fine," I reassure them.

"That's a relief," Juna sigh in relief. I smile when seeing her reaction. Aya don't only have me as her best friends.

"Our guild teacher are looking for you. You still have duty as manager. Don't you remember?" Mary reminds me and I immediately slapped my forehead.

"I forgot. You guys look after Aya while I'm gone, okay?"

"No problem." They both nod. I run towards my guild camp and find the teacher.

"Sorry, Mrs. Miller. There's an incident earlier," I apologize. I don't want her to think that I'm running away from my duty.

"It's fine. Since most of the sports events have finished, there isn't as much work to do as before. I just want you to call a few students that will be participating on the last sports event. Here's the list." She handed me a paper that has a list of all participants.

After that, I began to call out the name one by one. The last sports event is the scavenger hunt race. It's a game rather than sports where you will randomly pick up a paper and get something that was written on it. And then you must run to the finishing line with the thing you must get. It's the only sports that anyone can participate. I would like to participate, but to be a manager, you can't participate in any sports events.

"Ryder." I call out the last name on the list. A few seconds passed and there's no response.

"Ryder!" I call out even louder this time. I also look around to search for him. He's nowhere to be seen. "Where's Ryder?"

"He went to the toilet," his friends reply.

"I will search for him," I tell the teacher and she nods. It's my job anyway.

"No need. I'm here." I turn around to face Ryder. I nod and ticked his name on the list.

"The scavenger hunt race will start in five minutes! Every participants, please go to your position!"

The emcee begin to announce the start of the game. I give the participants in my guild some encouragement before they went to their position. All participants start to get ready. When the whistle is blown, everyone start to run and pick up the paper that was scattered on the ground.

I tell the people in my guild who don't participate to give a full support and cooperation if our guild athletes ask for help. This is a game where you need to ask outsider to lend you their things. I also prepared myself if my guild member is searching for me.

"Nina."

"Ryder?" I look at him in surprise. I don't expect the first person to approach me would be him. Isn't he supposed to avoid me?