Chapter Nine

What did I just hear? My mind suddenly went blank. I almost lost my soul when Mia jerk me up. I look at her and tried to smile but I could tell that I failed miserably. In the end, I just bury my face on her shoulder. The impact of a broken heart is more severe than I imagined. I couldn't even forced a smile on my face.

"No. We aren't in a relationship. I just happened to do a lot of group assignment with him," Gina frown. She look unpleasant when Wawa suddenly ship her with Ryder.

Her reaction give me a small ray of hope. Right, there's no way that Ryder will be in a relationship with anyone. But isn't there a possibility that Ryder likes her? They spent a lot of time together, right? My own thoughts make my heart feel even worse.

The next day, I told Aya what I heard from Wawa. She looks sceptical when I told her that Wawa said Gina and Ryder are in a relationship. She began to frantically shook her head and deny it.

"There's no way Ryder will be in a relationship," she says.

"Right. There's no way, right?" I began to feel delight when she also thought the same thing.

"But... there's a possibility that he likes her. She's smart and they are both a prefect." Her words make my mood sink to the ground.

"You also think that way?" I began to feel dejected. For Aya to also think that way, the possibility of that must be high. My heart start to feel heavier and heavier.

"Jane, what should I do?" I ask Jane when we're in the class.

"Think positively. It could just be a joke to tease them. There's no way Ryder would like her," Jane tried to reassure me.

"How can you know? If we're to list a people that have a very favorable impression towards the teachers, she and Ryder would definitely be at the top. Since Ryder loves to study so much, isn't there a possibility that someone like Gina will be his type?"

"Hm.. There's a good possibility for that to be the case. But I still believe he didn't have any feelings for her. Moreover..." she didn't finishes her sentence. Instead, she just smile at me.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You're making me even more curious. What is it?"

"Nothing. Maybe I will tell you later." Her behaviour makes me annoyed. Just don't say anything if you don't want to say it in the first place. I want to pester her a little more but the teacher already arrived.

💗💗

"Let's ask Izzy," Aya says as we're about to head out of the class. My eyes open wide and I frantically shake my head at her statement.

"No. I don't want to."

"Why not? It's easier to just ask right away." Aya grab my hand to drag me to the canteen, but I quickly pulled my hand away from her.

"What if it turns out to be true? My heart won't be able to take it. So, let's just spend the lunchtime time in the library," I say with a pleading face.

"Are you not hungry?" she asks.

"I'm fine." I said that but actually, I'm hungry. My heart feels so heavy yesterday that I don't have any appetite to eat. But there's no way I will go to canteen and bump into Ryder after what I heard yesterday.

"Fine. Let's wait for Juna and Mary first." Aya finally give up and we wait for Juna and Mary in front of their class. After they both come out, we use the lift to go to the library.

"Looks like we are lucky. They sell a cup noodles today," Aya says when we step in the library. Although we can't bring any foods and drinks into the library,  we can buy them in the library. They sell a few of cool drinks and snacks. They also sell a cup noodles for twice a week and it happens this day to be the day.

"Thank god. I don't need to starve in class," I say and Aya shot me a look.

"So, you are indeed hungry." She looks at me sharply and I avoid her gaze.

💗💗

Right now is history class but the teacher have matters outside of school. As usual, we spend our free time at the school hall doing whatever we want. Since the class beside our class also in a similar circumstances as us, they also sit here with us. Aya is spending her time chatting with Juna and Mary.

"Nina." Jane take a seat beside me. We always stick together when it's class period. We would either talk about manhwa or just sleep together.

"I ask Ryder during lunch time earlier. He said it was a joke," she says and I turn to look at her.

"Really?" I ask with a sceptical look.

"You should see his face earlier. When I mentioned it to him, he made his iconic annoyed face. Isn't it clear? He truly didn't like it," she says seriously.

"Is that so?" I mumble while placing my hand on my mouth. A smile began to crept up on my face. My heart suddenly feel as light as a feather when I heard her confirm it. I feel like to smile so widely.

"I told you, there's no way he has any feelings for her. I have went to the same middle school as him. He never had any relationship nor he shown any interest towards a girl. Yesterday, it's the first time ever I see him blush because of a girl. And that girl is you, Nina."

I put both of my hands on my face to hide it. I feel embarrassed, happy and many more emotions I didn't know of. I feel so happy that I'm afraid I will burst out laughing and then crying. I just stay like that for a while before calming myself down.

"I'm totally doomed, Jane," I say to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if one gossip about him being in a relationship is already made me this way, so what if he really has a girlfriend? What if he really likes someone? Wasn't I totally doomed then?" I ask her.

"I don't think you will be doomed if the one he likes is actually you. But if he likes anyone else... maybe you should consider changing school?"

"Ahh, it's so troublesome. I have like someone before, but have never like someone this much. How can liking a person be so different?" I grumble and Jane chuckled at my statement.

"Just make him admit it."

"Huh?"

"Make him admit that he actually likes you. I'm sure you can. You're cute after all," she says with a grin. Her hand lifted her chin.

"It's not to make him likes me. But to make him admit it? Doesn't it more harder than actually make him likes me?"

"Well, it's up to you. If you keep letting him ignore his feelings, he might really forget it one day." Her statement makes me feel urgent for some reason.

"Okay. Let's do this. I will dress myself up starting tomorrow," I determined. After all, how long am I going to wait for a miracle to happen?

"Great. My husband and I will support you. Ah, but starting tomorrow is weekend so you must start by the next week instead."

~~

Maybe I like him more. More
than he or I would
ever know.

~~