chapter 20.

As we sat in the carriage, I felt like we're going to a journey of no end.
I watch Gavriel with the corner of my right eye as he sat the focused on whatever he was looking at.
I can't believe I'm going to spend the night with him! I think as my heart starts beating faster.
"Nervous?" He asks still looking forward. I  look at him but I can't help getting upset as my mind recalls him dancing with that red haired girl.

"I-im n-not" i say as i stutter my way through the words making him chuckle. I looked at his chiseled jawline sharp and beautiful. His green eyes which twinkles whenever he smiles his long teeth, strong arms as i remember when he hugged me.
"So why don't you tell me your name wife" he says.
"Why do you want to know?" I ask him.
"Because you're my wife" he says making me cringe.
"Lilly" i say as his green eyes twinkles.
"Wild Lilly" he says.
"I-im not wild" i tell him as wild seem to be someone tough to me which I'm  definitely the opposite.
"Whatever you say wife" he says.
He moves a bit making me flinch as i thought he was going to hit me but guess he was tucking his shoulder length hair. He looks at me making me shyly bend my face.
"What were you thinking?"he asks in a serious tone.
"N-nothing" i tell him still looking at the carriage's floor.
"Whatever you just had in mind just know i would never do that" he says as he seem offended.
Does he perhaps read my thoughts.
"d-o you read minds?" I ask.
"You're my wife and i can feel your emotions changing" he says.
"Are you scared of me?" He ask making me go silent.
"Please" i whisper, he began getting closer to me as i look away from him.
"So you're scared huh" he says making me look up and stare at his green eyes.
"I--i" i just didn't know what to say.
He moves away as he seem offended.
He gets further away from me and sit at the far end of the carriage.
Suddenly i feel my emotions stirring as i got sad.
I kept silence till we reached the Royal place as we got out of the carriage. I see the rest standing there with their husbands as Marie and Lisa looks happy the most out of us five.
I remove my gaze as i see Gavriel walking away, he seem kinda upset.
Rita looks at me worriedly but i nod at her assuring her that I'm fine which fails miserably.
A tear make its way down my face. Rita gets over to me and soon the rest noticed and came over.
"What happened to you?" Marie asks
"I'm f-fine"
"No girl, you're not!" Rita says.
"Did something happen in the carriage?" Lisa asks as i shake my head.
"What happened Lily?" I hear the queen mother's voice making me shake my head.
"Dont lie to me dear, i can know when you're lying" she says as i tear up more.
"Why don't you have a walk with me?" She asks.
"The rest go on as your husbands seem to be waiting for you" she says as Lisa and marie go to them while Rita and Rose reluctantly leave to them.

"Come on let's go"  she says as i walk on par with her.
"Are you scared of Gavriel?" The first question she asks.
"I-i dont know" i tell her.
"Its okay child, i understand"
I walk with her as she tells me to give in to Gavriel. Why's everyone trying to convince me to give in to him.
“hes more strong when you're there with him" she says.
"Do you know how happy he was when he brought you here?"
"I've never seen love like how Gavriel gazes at you" she adds.
" How do you know if he was pretending " i ask her.
"I know my son child"
"But he was dancing with that girl" i say as i cant get that scene out of my head.
"You're his wife and not Zara" she says.
"My son would have married her long time if he had that feeling towards her" she tells me.
"He only has eyes for you and i can say you're his favorite " she adds making me giddy.

"Now go and make things up with him" she says.
"Try and make up for him to be less upset" she says again.
"Even if it meant doing something " she says as its only right for couples to couplate their marriage and i dont know why i feel giddy thinking of that..

By Lilyrizzy 😌💞

Published;28th February 2024....