Chapter 28

"Girls turn around" Rosa ordered as she needed to access Selena's private areas. "Selena remove" she voices a bit irritated with what she's come to finally conclude on her niece's sudden heat attack.

"Do you know why you have patches in such absurd specific places?" Selena shook her head still not finding her voice to talk,

"It's because these are places your wolf wants to be touched, licked and claimed" Selena's body stiffened at the thought of Jacob doing any of those things to her let alone inside her inner thighs where the redness was worse as well as more itchy.

"Girls change her bedsheets and make sure the room is cool. And have 5 face towels soaked in ice prepared" Klara and Carol ran out not saying a word. While Klara changed the sheets Carol went out to get the iced towels prepared,

"I'm not dumb dear child if that's what you think. I can think of only one individual capable of putting you into heat within a week of recognising" It was like Selena's body released Selena from the bug she had in her throat which was the cause of her being mute, and her Aunt knowing exactly who could end her heat wasn't good because her aunt believed mates should be cherished, not tossed away

But Jacob was far from being cherished.

Finding her vocals to speak Selena was quick with her words, especially seeing her secret was out.

"Are you going to call him?" She asked scared of the answer. "Not like you can hand me over to him, who knows what wolf will tear the vehicle to get to me" she chuckled sarcastically,

Rosa drew closer to Selena's left shoulder, close enough to whisper and not have the other two girls eavesdropping,

"If I don't, the Palace has every right to take legal action against me. Especially the King, and goddess above! When he finds out I had kept his mate from being claimed at the time she rightfully should've been" a shiver ran across Selena as Jacob's memory came flooding in, the memories from a week ago. He was capable, she knew it.

"But how can I when my niece refused to mention the male's name" A smile came to Selena as she looked up at Rosa who gave a small kiss on her temple,

"But I will only observe you for a week if nothing changes and you're still in bad shape. I will personally remove that pendent and bring the beast here. Hell, I'll even drive you there if I must" she said and Selena could only nod thanking her. Though it funny how she referred to Jacob as a 'Beast'

"My niece" Rosa wrapped her hands around Selena's shoulders bringing her into a hug. "Is going to be the Queen Luna. And live in the Palace. Who would've thought?" She chuckled when Selena only secretly wished for such a happy story, but her sad face made Rosa doubt her words,

"I wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you. Our situation is complicated"

"Of course it is child. Otherwise, why would you –Alpha Alwitz, hunted by the King take off her pendant in a public area? It was obvious when I found the pendant in your dresser, you knew something and wanted to take a chance to figure things out"

"It's not-"

"Listen child" Rosa kneeled bringing Selena closer to her who sat on the low stool, "Want and avoid are two different things. Ask yourself whether he is worth avoiding and worth putting at risk or worth wanting. It changes everything I know but if it's for a better cause, I would say you have your pack's support no matter the outcome" She lightly chuckled to herself before continuing "It's alright Selena to want someone. You, who have always worried about the people we want and the things we need, is also allowed to want something as well, and as your pack, we will help you get it, in this case, let you go. If your mother was here she would say the same thing darling" Her voice nearly matched Cheryl's, and it made Selena calm down about the matter at hand. And she laughed silently knowing if her mother was alive she would've driven Jacob from the Palace to Selena's bedroom door. Her mother was a different person when it came to love.