064: ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪ ʙᴇ?

●~●~●~●~●

Sami wished he hadn't had to of left Carl. But outside, with Judith on his back, he could pretend it never happened. He could pretend Carl was just out with Danny, that they would see him at Hilltop.

He stopped himself from wondering what he would tell Danny. Or Enid. He stopped thinking of how happy Carl had been, telling him about Enid, his new girlfriend, and how happy he was that it wasn't like in the movies, when boys stop being friends over girls.

He only focused on in front of him. Hiding from Saviors, who were combing the woods for them, though stupidly. They were on the road, checking with binoculars. It was relatively easy to hide under overpasses.

But there were too many of them. The entirety of Alexandria, thanks to Carl. With no causalities at home, they were all walking, on food. Stealth was hardly an option, but if they killed anyone, they'd alert the Saviors to the fact they're alive.

There were too many roads. Too many Saviors. They needed to cut straight through the woods to get to the Hilltop.

Sami walked beside him, Rosita and Daryl on either side of him, Judith on his back. He was thankful to have to pair close to him, even if it was because they both thought he was going to kill himself. if he was left alone.

He wasn't. Not now. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week. Maybe next year. But not now. Right now, he'd stay alive. Though his end would probably be of his own accord, it wouldn't be now.'

A walker stumbled out of the woods they were walking through, almost hitting someone far up the line, but Tara jumped forward, grabbing it.

"I got it."

"I'll cover you." Dwight walked over, and she threw the walker on him.

Rosita yelled at her, but no one made a move to help Dwight. Except Sami, who threw his knife. He'd been practicing, and wouldn't feel too bad if he hit Dwight in the head over someone else. But the knife landed in the scorched walker's head, making him fall to the ground.

"He could handle it." Tara glared at Sami.

"Hey!" Daryl glared back. "Just keep 'em moving."

With a sigh, she got the group moving again. Dwight looked at Sami nodding once, before following.

Sami continued walking, too, ignoring the looks on Rosita and Daryl's faces, as they obviously wanted to talk. He didn't.

He knew he'd have Dwight's back. He hated him. More than hated him. But Sami had seen teh Saviors. He'd seen what they did. What they did to him. To other prisoners. He knew similar had happened Dwight. He knew just how much he was risking, being a Severus Snape. It wasn't just death. Or the death of a loved one. You were stripped bare and left out to dry, only to be washed again and told your something else entirely, yet still taunted by the fact that you're 'less.'

Sami had to admit, he admired him a little. Just a tiny little bit. He hated him for everything he did, but admired the part that helped them. Carl said he had to be like he was before. So, that's what Sami was trying to do.

They stopped not long after, to give the people a break. 12 hours of non-stop travelling took it out of you, with no sleep, no supplies. So, Sami helped settle them down, carrying a snoozing Judith, and then went after Daryl, Rosita, Dwight and Tara, who'd been a little ahead of them.

"Oh, here he is." Tara fake smiled at Sami as he walked over. "i've got a question for you. Is there a reason he's still beathing?"

She gestured to Dwight, who was standing nearby, holding his wounded arm.