035: ᴄᴀᴍᴘꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀꜰʟɪᴇꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami slept like a log. 

They'd been up late, holding the doors shut the entire storm, due to walkers pushing against them. It'd been exhausting, but somehow, they survived, and Sami fell to sleep.

He woke to someone shaking him.

"Hmm?" He turned onto his side, yawning.

"Sami!"

"Yeah?" He tried to open his eyes, but they just fell back closed, leaving his eyebrows up.

"Sami!"

Whoever it was grabbed his arm, pulling him up.

"I'm awake!" He sat up, yawning. "What?"

Rosita sat beside him, holding his arm. 

"Hey, Rosita. Five more minutes?" He went to lay back down.

"No." She took off her cap, turning her back to him. "Tara says there's spiders in my hair. Check."

"Okay." He was still half asleep, but checked if there was any spiders, anyway, lifting her pony-tails, but there wasn't anything, just a bit of dirt and hay, which he took out, flicking onto the ground. "Piece of hay, but other wise there's nothing."

"Are you sure?" 

He nodded, checking the back of her shirt, before placing her pony-tails back down and tucking her hair behind her ears. "Yeah, there's nothing on here."

She put her cap back on, turning to him, smiling. "Thanks."

"Did you wake me just for that?" 

She nodded. "Abraham would just say I should take it."

"I won't tell him." He closed his eyes, stretching his arm over his head. "I'm so tired."

"Nothing new." She looked at him as she pulled her knee against her chest, resting her chin on her knee, seeing something on his neck. "What's that battle scar from?"

"Oh, the scar?" He flicked his hand. He didn't want to talk about the countless scars he had from the car accident. "Nothing."

"Okay, tough guy." She chuckled, looking at him, before pushing his hair away from his face. "Will you let me cut your hair with my knife?"

He rubbed his eye. He was beyond exhausted. "Stay away from me."

She chuckled again. "I like sleepy Sami. He should come around more often."

His eyes were half shut as he shook his head, making her laugh and push his hair away from his eyes again.

"Hey, everyone?" Maggie popped her head into the barn door, before walking through, cautiously. "This is Aaron."

Sami was awake immediately, getting to his feet as Rosita and all the rest did the same, guns raised at the man in clean clothes who walked in behind her, Daryl rushing forward to check if there was anyone else outside.

"We med him outside, he was by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear."

"Can I have his bag, please?" Sami asked, and Sasha nodded, tossing the backpack to him as Daryl patted the man down.

"Hi." Aaron said, hands up in surrender. He looked at Sami, taking a step towards him, hand outstretched. "It's nice to meet you-"

Everyone lifted their guns, Daryl, Maggie, Sasha and Rosita, who were the closest to the man, taking a step towards him, and he stopped.