048: ʜᴇ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴀꜱ ʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟʟ

●~●~●~●~●

There was a long debate in the church about what to do.

Sami honestly tuned it out after a while. Or maybe right at the start. He couldn't remember much of it. He was sitting at the back of the church, looking at the back of Abraham's red head like he could burn holes through it. 

He'd gotten back, and checked Danny, Carl and Judith were okay, and Rosita hadn't even looked at him. He felt gross. He kept reminding himself he didn't mean anything more to her than anyone else did. Abraham did. 

Abraham did. 

What was so special about him? He was honestly annoying. Was he one of Sami's best friends? Yes, but best friends are annoying. Partners? They're not supposed to be. Or, he didn't think they were. Then again, what would he know? You've only been with a pedo and an asshole. He thought to himself.

All he knew was that at the end of the meeting, they decided to go for Negan's people anyway.

They drafted up a plan, and took off the next day in three cars.

They stopped about half way, and beeped their horns. They needed walkers.

Sami grabbed his things from the boot, taking a small knife. He didn't usually use ones so small, but he needed to keep the face of the walker in tact if one came stumbling over. 

"I almost told everyone at the meeting."

He jumped a little, looking to see Rosita beside him.

"About what?" He asked, re-organizing the bag.

"Morgan. That guy that shot you."

Sami hadn't really thought about it. Basically, the guy who shot Sami had been one of the Wolves, injured and taken care of by Morgan, who wouldn't kill him. So, if Morgan had just done as they all said, Sami might've been able to sleep on his stomach. But he didn't. He kept a maniac behind the walls, without anyone noticing.

Sami shrugged. "Why? I killed him."

She looked at him like he was insane. "Sami, did you not hear how he tried to talk us all out of this in the church?"

'No, I was too busy trying to make your boyfriend's head explode'. "No, I fell asleep."

"I mean, seriously. He should just learn the lesson that you don't keep psychopaths behind the walls, and take the win that we didn't kick him out for getting you shot."

"I got myself shot." He shut the bag, and pulled down the boot. "I don't know, I just think it'll cause too many arguments."

"Arguments? Look at Morgan! That hijo de puta tried to stand there, and act like we didn't know what we were doing."

"Yeah, but we do know what we're doing. He just doesn't like killing."

"We don't like killing. It happens. You know that!"

He looked at her. "You good? That's a lot of anger for Morgan."

 "I just . . . " She took a breath. "He shot you. Does that not bother you?"

"It does." He went to pat his wound, then realized it would hurt too much. "Lucky I sleep alone, or this shit would be kicking off every time the covers moved."

She sighed, looking down the road at someone who Sami couldn't see, as they were hidden behind the cars.

"Rosi?" Sami tapped her arm. "You okay?"

"Have you seen Abraham with any others girls recently?" She looked at him. 

He shrugged. "Maggie and Michonne, I guess. Why, getting jealous?"