Chapter 1- The Wicked Queen.

Contrary to popular belief, being a princess involves a lot more than just putting on fancy gowns or looking pretty by wearing expensive jewelry and tiaras. It's a lot more complicated than that, a princess is also more than just a girl in the royal family who can afford to dress luxuriously. A princess is a diplomat, an ambassador, a mediator and sometimes even an heir. Although I am not the one next in line for the throne, my older brother is, Prince Elias. Crowned Prince to be exact, he makes sure everyone is aware of that, the asshole.

Anyway, princesses serve as leaders and even role models to people. A lot of girls look up to us, either that or they envy us. We are expected to be beautiful as well as intelligent and well-read, be classy but fierce, to know when to speak, brave and confident. But most of all, we are to be slaves. I know that last part sounds bad, because it is, but what I mean by 'slaves' is, princesses and sometimes princes who aren't heirs to the throne of their kingdoms, sometimes act as 'items of mediation'.

Whenever there is a war or a disagreement between Nations, we 'slaves' are forced to marry each other in a way of settling these disputes by joining the two kingdoms together, therefore ending or preventing a war. I of all people should know, as my mother, the late queen was also an 'item of mediation' or 'slave of marriage', as a better way to put it.

Ever since my mother, Queen Cassandra, died of poisoning, security in the kingdom has been really tight. My father King Rameus, lets almost nobody into the palace, the only exceptions are royalty from other kingdoms that have arranged meetings with him, royal guard recruits and familiar faces that have working here for years.

The incident will be nine years ago tomorrow. We still don't know who caused her death, but we do know she was poisoned her. My father made sure to behead all the cooks who prepared the food that might have killed her, as well as my mother's maids and ladies-in-waiting for the incident. Call it harsh, but that is just how things are done here, no mercy, no compassion. As long as your royalty or at least a noble, you're above everyone else. It may have gone into our heads about how much power we have over these peasants, but it's for the best. We have to be tough. It's "show no weakness, or be made weak", or at least that's what father says. Elias made sure to take those words seriously, but i'm no better than him to be honest. I like things done a certain way, I don't take shit, and anyone who can't follow up will simply be sent away. And that's only if i'm feeling kind. There is a reason to why i'm called the 'Wicked Queen', which is weird because i'm not even Queen. But everyone just passed on the name to me when my mother died, because that's exactly what she was. A wicked queen. Yep!, my whole family's pretty vile, and I love them for it.

"Princess?" A soft female voice calls from the other side of the door snapping me out of my daze.

"Lillie, is that you?" I ask, turning away from the balcony of my bedroom to the direction of the door.

Lillie is my maid-in-waiting, she has been with me for the past five years. There's a reason she's my longest serving maid and escort. No other servant can serve me for long. Lillie's the exception, because she's fast, efficient and always does things exactly the way I like. She might be maybe six or seven years older than me, but I don't really care to ask, I mean she IS just a servant. I never waste my time mingling with them. But for some reason Lillie has earned my trust, she's trustworthy enough anyway.

 But for some reason Lillie has earned my trust, she's trustworthy enough anyway

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Isadora's Bedroom 1.

 Isadora's Bedroom 1

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Bedroom 2.

"Yes Princess it is I, may I come in?" Lillie asks

"Yeah alright" I say as she walks into my bedroom over to me.

"What is it?"

"His Majesty, your father has requested an audience with you" she says with a small curtsy

"Why?, what does he want?"
Father doesn't request audiences with people to share apple tarts and have dance parties. There's probably an emergency somewhere.

"I dunno, but he invited your siblings as well"

"Oh?. Then something must definitely be wrong" I mumble as I start adjusting my dress.
Lillie quickly rushes to grab my shoes and puts them on my feet for me.

"Hurry your highness, you wouldn't want to keep your father waiting again"

"Oh hush Lillie, the good-looking council men might be there and I don't want to look like.... Well- you" I chuckle

Lillie playfully rolls her eyes and helps me put my hair into one big braid at the back and we leave to the meeting room.

Hi pretties, I know this chapter is kinda short and doesn't really have much info, but just bare with me and trust the process it'll be worth it 😌

See ya next chapter and lemme know your thoughts on Annabeth in the comments😘

                                                                   💜Rya