chapter 28 - epilogue <3

5 years later.

————

Vegeta and I slowly make our way to our kids' rooms. I stop at our son's door and give him a nod as I slowly open the door as he walks to our daughters. Eschalot is a daddy's girl, and it's the funniest and cutest thing.

*flashback*

4.5 years ago.

————

"Eschalot, can you say mama? Ma-ma. You got it!"

Vegeta had said it yesterday, and now it's all he will say between babbles.

Eschalot's lips quiver as she tries to speak her first word. Vegeta is standing behind me, not saying a word.

She looks up at her father and says.

"D-dada?" I throw my arms up in defeat as Vegeta scoops her up and lifts our daughter high in the air. Her giggles and smiles are contagious on him, causing him to give her a big smile and a small laugh as he praises her for her first word being "Dada."

————

Four years ago.

A couple of weeks ago, the babies learned how to stand and are taking a few steps with assistance before stumbling and falling.

Today, Vegeta and I were both leaning against their cribs watching them crawl around and play on the floor.

Our son's tiny hands wrap around their rocking chair a few feet away from us and he slowly stands. His brows are furrowed in concentration, and he looks just like his father as an infant, especially with those bangs.

He looks at us with a face full of determination as he lets go and begins to take a few wobbly steps. We both gasp and I hold out my arms. After almost falling a couple of times, he stands back up and walks into my arms.

I hug him tight and kiss his forehead. 

"Did you take your first steps for mommy and daddy?" I coo and he smiles at me, two bottom teeth poking out.

We hear Eschalot's tiny whine and look over to her as she reaches the same rocking chair. Vegeta and I both look at each other with wide eyes.

"Always in competition, just like her parents." I grin at his words as we turn our attention back to our daughter.

Hearing tiny grunts, Eschalot manages to keep herself steady and lets go. Taking a couple of steps, I set our son to the side and I hold out my arms a little bit and slowly nod.

Reaching me, I stretch my arms out more but she mumbles "Dada."

Stepping right past me, she barely makes it to my husband. He wasn't even holding his arms out. They were folded into his chest. Eschalot steadies herself on her father's shoulder and Vegeta uncrosses his arms and pulls her into a light embrace.

"Dada!" She giggles and falls into his chest as he looks at me smirking.

"Oh, whatever, at least we know who her favorite is." I pick up my son and place him in my lap.

End of flashback.

————