chapter 21 - goodbye. (Not the end of the story.)

Vegeta's POV.

Y/n has been in her room for the past couple days, she only orders water to her room. Chili and Kakarot have tried to talk to her, but she's not interested.

After she said she wanted to be alone, Chili went in there not long after and they had a deep conversation. I guess girls are better at talking than guys? They haven't talked since. Everybody is worried about her but they decide just to give her time.

————

"Y/n, I need to ask you something about your family." She's calmed down a bit and doesn't start sobbing, but her face still shows pain and sorrow.

"Sure, what's up?" Her voice is still kind of monotone. I haven't seen her smile yet and it breaks my heart.

"I was wondering if you'd like to do a funeral for them or not, you can think about it for a few-

Her voice interrupts me quickly. "I just want them buried by my father, I don't want any pity from people who don't mean it." She sounds extremely irritated, should I not have asked?

I'm a little bit taken aback by her tone and words. "Okay then. Do you want anything planned?"

"It's fine, I just want it to be quick, and just have you guys there. If other people get upset, that's their problem." She gives a small shrug.

I get an idea in my mind, I don't know how this is going to go so I just blurt it out.

"Would you like them to be buried with my family?" Her face whips around and she has an unreadable expression on her face.

"E-even my father?" Her voice is shaky.

I nod my head and tears start to form in her eyes. She gets up off her bed and engulfs me in a huge hug.

"I love you." She pulls back for a second and finally has that genuine smile on her face that I've been waiting for.

"And I love you." I gently place my lips on hers for a few moments, both of us enjoying the closeness.

————

"Do you want everything cleaned up?" She finally gets a good look at her room and nods.

"I need to shower, can you wait here for me?"

"Of course I can." I nod and sit on her bed.

"I'll be right back." She quickly walks into the bathroom and starts the water.

————

Two days later.

"Are you ready?" I walk into y/n's room and she's sitting on her bed with her head down.

Sighing, she stands up and manages a half smile. "Ready as I'll ever be."

I give her my hand and we begin to fly to the cemetery, reserved for royalty.

————

It's just us, Chili, and Kakarot. I'm not sure why she requested him being there, but I'm not going to argue with her on that one.

She walks up to the coffins and takes one last look at her family. I made sure that her brother is wearing his gi, while her mother is wearing a dress I had somebody from the village she lived in help design.

Placing a single flower on each coffin, stepping away, she gives a small nod and they're lowered into the ground, along with her fathers.

(A/n: her fathers casket was NOT opened)

I hear sniffling next to me and see that Kakarot is crying.

"Kakarot, what the hell are you doing!" I whisper through gritted teeth.