chapter 6 - the event and the small "after party"

I'm walking with Vegeta and he angrily pushes the door open to the courtyard. I look around and gasp. The sun is starting to set and chairs are leading up to a small stage and a light pink arch decorated with white and pink flowers. My eyes widen as I realize what's going on.

This is a wedding. I am at a wedding, with Prince Vegeta.

His father begins to walk up to us with an angry look on his face.

"Vegeta how dare you disobey me. I told you to bring Leek. Not y/n! Also, you are very underdressed! Go back to your room and wear something better." His look is stern as Vegeta huffs. I look down at my shoes and frown.

"Father I told you I am not bringing Leek. She is disrespectful and besides, she was beaten by a low class who can't even turn super saiyan like she can." He motions over to me and I feel my cheeks get hot.

The king looks me up and down as he says.

"You better not embarrass me tonight. Vegeta, go get dressed. I don't have time for your childish games."

Vegeta scoffs as we turn around and go back into his room.

"Why didn't you say you were supposed to bring Leek?" I tilted my head at him as he
begins to walk towards his closet.

"Does it matter? You should be proud I chose you instead, she is scum compared to you." He realized what he said as his face blushed as he darted into the closet.

The small pit in my stomach comes back as I slightly smile to myself.

Vegeta came out with a suit and dragging a cape behind him, fiddling with his tie. Eventually, he grunted as he took off the tie and threw it on the floor, not being able to put it on himself.

"You need help?" You giggled and started to walk towards him, picking up the tie.

He looked at you and crossed his arms.

"Is somebody embarrassed because they can't do a simple task?" You looked up at him with your eyebrows raised.

"Tsk. Help me wom- Y/n if you know what's good for you." He faced you and you lifted his chin a bit to wrap the tie around his neck.

"But really, how do you not know how? I learned as a kid and it's so easy." You laughed and patted his chest as you finished the tie and put it under his suit, smoothing out the folds.

"Good. Now put on my cape." He threw you his cape and you were surprised at how heavy it was.

"I uh.. don't know how.. but I can try!" I nervously put the cape over his neck.

"Stop standing so close. I can feel your breath on my skin." He gave you a look that could pierce your skull.

"Oh, I bet you like that don't you?" I tease and gently clasp the cape together as he was stuttering trying to find his words.

"Uh, shu- shut up! I do not!" He spun around to walk away, cape hitting your shoes and scuffed them. (idk how just plot ok)

"Ugh look what you did!" I took off my shoe and held it up.

"It's whatever let's get this over with." He grunted and opened his door.

"No, it's not! Your father told me not to embarrass him and he will kill me seeing a black scuff on a white shoe!" I yelled as I stomped over to him.

"So what? Now we have to go to your room so you can get new shoes?" He had a look of disgust on his face.

"Oh YOU'RE mad? This is your fault! And yes we do, so let's go." You briskly walked in front of him with one shoe on to your room.