𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

Start from the beginning

Nabi quickly made her way to where Hansol sat and immediately reached for the bags of takeout. "Bro where did you find Mexican food here?" she asked, her mouth drooling at the sight of the delicious choice of cuisine.

"I love Mexican food and went on a hunt a few months ago. This place specifically is about 20 minutes from here actually." Answering the very obviously hungry Nabi, Hansol decided to sit himself on the floor along with her. Normally, going over to your business partner's house only three days after meeting should have felt weird to the two of them but it seemed that both of their easy-going attitudes as well as their need for social interaction made everything feel a bit more comforting.

Unwrapping one of the takeout boxes, Nabi looked toward the boy sitting on her right, resting his elbows on the coffee table. "So, Vernon-" She was immediately cut off by Hansol who had just finished one of his three street tacos.

"Just call me Hansol, it's my actual name. Vernon is just my middle name" A smile spread on Nabi's face at the sign of the two getting closer. She had worried that everything would be awkward and she would have to whip out random facts just to keep a conversation going but luckily, Hansol found himself a bit more talkative than usual, aiding in brightening the atmosphere.

She took a bite of her food. "Okay then, Hansol, tell me like a little about yourself." It was silent before the two began laughing at the interview-like question.

Nabi studied the rapper's face, noticing his heart-shaped smile and the way the warm lighting accentuated his caramel-brown eyes. She chose well, didn't she?

Finally calming himself down, Hansol racked his brain searching for random facts about himself. "Well actually, could I ask you a question?" She nodded eagerly, taking a sip of her water.

"Why did you choose me for this collection anyway?" It was something that had been itching at him since he'd met her at the meeting. Sure, he was handsome but he was also certain that the many other contenders were just as good-looking if not more, so why him?

Nabi chuckled lightly, amused by the older boy's innocent question. The sunset had started to become more vibrant by the second, fueling the comforting vibe that their conversation brought.

"You were actually a very clear choice. You're the only one who has the vibe I want to a T. Something about everyone else was just off, I never got that feeling when I saw your portfolio." Nabi wasn't sure of the answer herself but she tried her best to piece together a sufficient explanation for the curious man looking at her with intrigue.

"Seriously? That's an honor dude." A loud giggle escaped Nabi's lips as she began thinking rationally about the weird circumstances. "Are you kidding me? You're the idol here man I should be locking you in here and forcing you to sign shit." Hansol cracked a smile.

He adjusted the hoodie of his sweater and took another bite of his food. "This is weird isn't it?" The two laughed at their combined thoughts surrounding the situation. Nabi knew that Hansol's way of speaking whatever came to mind was something she would grow fond of.

A sigh escaped his lips as he sat back, leaning himself on the couch.

"What's up? I'm sure the idol world is tough right?" Nabi questioned, a caring and concerned tone in her voice. The food that had earlier fueled hem was now gone and the two were left with their thoughts.

He scoffed. "So fucking tough man. Can't complain too much though since I'm literally getting paid to do what I love."

"But still. Your feelings are 100% valid. I mean I was pretty much spoon-fed an amazing job and complain a shit ton more than you do." The boy laughed at her choice of wording. He wasn't quite sure what he meant by the fact she was spoon-fed the job but regardless could understand the gist of her comment.

"Well, I dunno everything has just felt like a blur in time recently. I think right now is the only time that I've been able to genuinely just relax and have a good time. We have a tour coming up and the hecticness of everything can get overwhelming. Surprised I was even free today." He was internally shocked at Nabi's ability to just listen to him speak but also continue to look engaged at every word.

She rest her hands on his shoulder, a smile on her face. "Then, I'll tell you what. If you ever wanna rant or just talk shit about stuff going on with your group, job, or just life, I'll be a call away. Besides monitoring the production process of our new year collection, I'm not busy at all." Oh she was 100% busy, but for some reason not enough for him. Nabi herself didn't even know why the sudden offer left her mouth yet as she noticed the grin on Hansol's face, her regret seemed to vanish in an instant.

"Thanks, I'll definitely take you up on that offer." A ring from his phone paused the two who had begun to laugh lightly.

Nabi gave him a look encouraging him to answer the call. "It could be important," she mouthed, standing up and making her way to the kitchen to give Hansol some privacy.

The boy had a look of annoyance on his face as he answered the call seemingly from Jihoon though any of the members could have stolen the phone. The possibilities were practically endless.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where'd you go? We have practice in 30." The voice of Seventeen's leader rang through the line, Hansol wasn't even surprised.

"Just out with a friend. I'll be there though." As he spoke, he heard a voice coming from the background of the call.

"Since when does he have other friends?" Hansol rolled his eyes as he identified the voice to be Soonyoung's.

Luckily for the younger rapper's annoyance, Seungcheol quickly told Hoshi to shut up, turning his attention back to the call.

"Anyways, be there, please. We need to get as much practice in before the tour." His voice was firm and direct. No one could refuse Seventeen's leader, could they?

"Got it." The moment Hansol hung up the call, he turned his attention to Nabi who held his belongings in her hands.

"Guess you gotta go?" He nodded, a bitter look on his face.

"Yeah, sorry."

"Don't worry about it!" She exclaimed, opening the door and letting the boy exit her apartment.

"Let's meet up again sometime." Nabi smiled at the suggestion.

"You got it, Hansol."