🔥Chapter Sixty-six🔥

Y/n's POV
The Next Morning

"The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Firelord." Iroh says as he sips from his cup of tea.

"But we don't know where Aang is." Katara says, concern laced in her voice.

Iroh raises an eyebrow.

"There's a perfectly good Avatar right here." Iroh says, looking at me. I gulp.

"Avatar Roku has been saying it's my destiny. That it's why I'm here." I say, looking down at my lap. "But what happens to the Fire Nation after Ozai is gone?"

"Will you...take your rightful place on the throne?" Zuko asks Iroh hopefully.

Iroh shakes his head.

"No. Someone new must take the throne." He says, sipping from his cup."An idealist with a pure heart and unquestionable honor."
A smile spreads across my lips as my gaze shifts to Zuko.
"...It has to be you, Prince Zuko." Iroh finishes, smiling softly at his nephew.

"I don't know about unquestionable honor." I say teasingly, nudging Zuko with my elbow.

"I've made so many mistakes." Zuko says with a worried expression.

The group nods in agreement. I manage to hold back a giggle.

"Yes, you have." Iroh says, looking at Zuko reassuringly. "But you've always folllwed your own path. You restored your honor, and only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation."

Zuko looks down at his lap, as if contemplating. I put my hand over his, gently squeezing it.

"...I'll try." He answers softly, holding my hand.

"Sozin's Comet is arriving and our destinies are upon us." Iroh says. "The Firelord will be defeated, whether it's by Aang or Y/n's hands. Zuko, you must return to the Fire Nation so that when the Firelord falls, you can assume the throne and restore peace and order."

I raise my hand eagerly.
"Don't forget about Azula." I point out.

"I can handle her." Zuko replies.

"Not alone. You'll need help." Iroh says, his gaze shifting to me.

I bow my head.
"I've dedicated many months to the Prince. I don't plan on stopping now." I say with a smile, looking up at Zuko. "I trust that Aang will be back in time. He'll take care of Ozai. I'll stay by Zuko's side." My gaze shifts to Katara. "You know, it would help to have an additional water bender." I say, smiling at her.

She nods in response.
"It would be my pleasure." She says with a smirk.

"Then we'll need to do everything we can to stop the airship fleet." Sokka says, determined.

My eyes begin to glow, a shiver going down my spine. The glowing soon fades. I look at the group with wide eyes.
"It's...Aang. He's coming, I can feel him." I say, my voice barely above a whisper. "He's okay. He will be here to face the Firelord."

"Then if Aang needs us, we'll be right there!" Toph grins.