Chapter Two

Dawnpaw woke up early that morning, she lifted her head, the morning light was bright, it would be a nice day for training. She felt excited about her training, when she heard Bluesights quiet pawsteps entering, he had walked halfway into the apprentices den, being careful to not wake any of the other apprentices. The light from outside glared around Bluesight.
"Dawnpaw." He whispered, taking a step towards her. "Autumnpaw and foxtail will come with us." He mewed, a small smile formed on his lips as he started to back out of the den, accidentally stepping on a empty nest, making it crunch. He started to walk away before she could react. She sat up, yawning as she stretched her limbs, she walked out of the den, starting to go in the direction of bluesight, "Bluesight, may I eat?" She asked, getting bluesights attention, she tilted her head slightly, "Of course, dawnpaw." He smiled, slightly amused. "Okay! Thank you bluesight!" Dawnpaw returned the smile, walking off to the freshkill pile, examining it, she thought of how hungry she was, she wasn't to hungry so she picked out a small and slightly scrawny mouse. She picked it up and went to eat near the elders, listening to them gossip. "The apprentices these days let us starve!" One of the elders complained, it was badgerstripe, he was white with a long black stripe in the middle of his pelt, his voice was raspy. "Especially that dawnpaw." One of them groaned, that one was greenstorm, he was the meanest one there. "Hey, she's almost just been made an apprentice! Cut her some slack." Poppyfang hissed at greenstorm, she was the nicest elder. Dawnpaw smiled to herself, she should get them prey now, she quickly finished and ran to the freshkill pile, grabbing a squirrel and sprinting to the elders den, "Hi!" She greeted, setting the squirrel infront of them.
"I- oh hey dawnpaw!" Poppyfang mewed with a smile, her head turned to the squirrel, her black and red fur shone against the sun, making her look like she was glowing. "Thank you, dear." She said with a smile, snatching the squirrel and splitting it into three to share with the others. "You're welcome!" Dawnpaw smiled, she felt joy as they started to eat the squirrel. She walked away, going towards the apprentices den and sitting near the large pile of moss infront of the den, Dawnpaw stared around the clearing, she was quite bored, There was barely anyone in the clearing, Dawnpaw let her gaze fall at her paws. I could sneak out... She thought to herself, tilting her head slightly, she turned her head to the gorse tunnel, she suddenly heard a familiar voice in her ears. "Dawnpaw?" The cat asked, dawnpaw turned to face them, slightly flinching. It was her sister, Sunsight. "Sunsight?" Dawnpaw asked, her eyes widened slightly at seeing her sister, her ears had pricked up and she raised her head slightly. "I-it's really.. you." Sunsight mewed, half whispering. "I-I haven't seen you since.. uhm.." Sunsight whispered, her voice cracked slightly with grief, but dawnpaw knew what she meant, she meant since when their mom had died.
"I.. thought you were in mossclan.." dawnpaw mewed, her ears began to droop slightly and her tail wrapped around her paws.
"I.. was." Sunsight turned her head away, her ears were flat against her head.
"Sunsight, are you okay?" Dawnpaw asked, putting a paw on her arm.
"I.. uhm, yeah im fine.." Sunsight closed her eyes for a moment before looking back at dawnpaw.
"I missed you Sunsight.." Grief started to flood her eyes, if she could cry she would.
"It's okay, I'm here now dawnpaw." Sunsight mewed calmly, Dawnpaw smiled slightly, blinking slowly, she glanced at her fur, she had a white pelt with brown and black splotches, she was a calico with yellow eyes, she had a distinct yellowish brown tail. She had moved to MossClan after their mom had died trying to protect them, dawnpaw missed her.