Chapter One

The apprentice was in her nest when Pebblestar yowled for a clan meeting, Dawnpaw looked up slightly, the moonlight shone on pebblestars grey and black fur, she looked like a snow leopard, Her green-blue eyes glittered. Dawnpaw pushed herself out of her comfortable nest, stretching her legs before she started to padded towards the greatrock, dawnpaw suddenly felt herself trip on something in the clearing, she landed face first in the dirt. A apprentice behind her chuckled, "Mousebrain! You should've seen that, you'll never be a warrior!" The shecat laughed some more, "Yeah! Furball!" Another voice sounded behind her, it was deeper than the other one. Dawnpaw heaved herself up, looking backwards at the voices, it was Autumnpaw and Stonepaw, Autumnpaw was an orange shecat with a pattern similar to pebblestars, and stonepaw was a grey tabby, Autumnpaw pushed past dawnpaw and sat beneath the greatrock, stonepaw following her. Dawnpaw looked down slightly, feeling pretty hurt about what they had said. Ill prove im not a mousebrain.. she thought to herself, smiling, she looked straight again, looking at what she had tripped on, it was a small pebble. She scoffed, she SHOULD have seen it. Dawnpaw started to walk towards the greatrock again, sitting down beside a warrior, she glanced at the warrior, they were white with some black splotches on their pelt, she recognized them immediately, it was cowspot, they were a friendly and happy theycat. Cowspot flicked their tail in greeting. Dawnpaw smiled, returning her gaze back to pebblestar. "Last gathering as you know we declared war on boneclan," she explained, dawnpaw let out a small and quiet gasp, she hadn't been to the gathering. "And now they have stolen our prey." The deputy,fernsong, spat, her voice sounded aggressive and her green eyes glittered with anger, her ears were flattened and her pelt bristled slightly, pebblestar looked at her deputy, wrapping her tail around her. "It's ok. We'll sort it out." Pebblestar mewed, rubbing against her slightly. Dawnpaw heard someone whisper behind her, "ew." They mewed, dawnpaw glanced behind her, it was autumnpaw whispering to stonepaw. Dawnpaw let out a groan, rolling her eyes, she turned back to the leader, she cleared her throat before she spoke again. "Cats of Stormclan, we will have more patrols around the boneclan borders more than usual for the time being. If you see a boneclan cat on our territory, drive them off." Pebblestar raised her voice slightly, all the cats watched her. "Clan dismissed." She meowed, leaping off of the greatrock, the ground made a small thud as she landed, The shecat then disappeared into her den. The cats started to separate into groups, talking about what had happened. Dawnpaw padded over to her mentor, bluesight, "Hello dawnpaw!"Bluesight greeted her, a smile formed on his lips. Foxtail was sitting beside him, her pelt looked like a foxes. And bluesights pelt looked like a newleaf sky. "Will we be training tomorrow?" Dawnpaw asked, her pelt bristled with excitement. "Yes, we will be practicing our battle moves tomorrow." Bluesight smiled, his deep blue eyes slightly shined with amusement, Dawnpaw felt excitement burn through her pelt. "Can we practice tomorrow morning?" She asked, trying to calm down abit. "No, sadly, but we can start going right before sunhigh." He said with a smile. Dawnpaw frowned abit, "but.." she trailed off, not wanting to sound ungrateful. "Ok." Dawnpaw mewed, disappointment slightly tainting her voice. "Now, you should go to sleep now." Bluesight meowed calmly, brushing dawnpaw with his tail before walking off with foxtail. Dawnpaw nodded, turning around and walking to the apprentices den. Being sure to watch the ground for any rocks or sticks so she wouldn't trip again. She slightly glanced around the clearing, fernsong was with pebblestar infront of the leaders den sharing tounges, Autumnpaw and stonepaw were near the medicine cat den. Dawnpaw arrived at the apprentices den, walking in the den and curling up in her nest. Trying to get comfortable and drifting off to sleep eventually.