18 : Mario kart and an almost kiss

Start from the beginning

"You want a drink? We've got cola." I ask her getting up,

"Waters fine thanks."

"Ok I'll be back in a second."

I make my way towards our kitchen pulling out the ice, and helping myself to some of Adams chocolates his mum brought back for him from the UK.

"You just started a war with meadow ridge hockey team" Wyatt drawls as he walks into the kitchen after me,

"Super smart. She really worth-"

"Don't" I cut him off with hard glare. I know what he is going to say, I know what he is going to bring up and I can't hear that right now not when she is sitting in the other room with my heart in her fucking pocket.

"You're going to Canada and she's staying here for another year. It won't work"

"Shut up"

"Look I see where you're getting at man, I mean she's really fucking ho-"

I fist the collar of his sweatshirt, he's just 6'1 which would normally put him at a height advantage but with me being 6'3 I'm a few inches taller than him.

"Don't fucking talk about her, you don't deserve to even look at her." I spit at him,

"And you do?" I pull up my arm ready to punch him when someone pulls me away.

"Don't even think about it the pair of you" Adam says as he pushes me to the far end of the kitchen.

"Your girl is in the other room playing Mario kart with Eli, all of us heard you guys in here. So shut up." Adam continues while I bite back a smile at the thought of Lizzie playing video games,

"you" he points a finger at Wyatt,
"That girl in there is as sweet as a diamond anyone can see that so think again about what you're insinuating, and you-" he proceeds to point a finger at me.

"He has good fucking points, she's meadow ridge property, not yours. Think about the war you're about to start, and the girl you're about to break if you're not all in this."

"Now be fucking quiet and talk things out or I'm gonna go in there and take her away from you" it's surprising how fast I follow his orders even though I am his fucking captain.

"You know you're like a brother to me man. I'm trying to look out for you and maybe I went the wrong way about it-" I scoff at him,

"Shut up, anyway, I'm just saying think before you do anything." He slaps my back before walking out the kitchen giving me a moment to myself.

I'd hurt her, I'm going to leave at the end of the year, it's not worth it.

I tell myself as I walk back to the living room with a glass of water in my right hand. But all thoughts go away when I literally freeze at the sight of her.

Lizzie Myers was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

Sitting huddled up in the corner of the couch throughly invested in the game of Mario kart she's playing, strands of her hair loosely falling forwards covering her wide smile as she laughs to something Elijah said.