Part 24

"W-Win? What.. What are you doing here?" Fot asked, quickly letting go of Gem's hand.

But Win didn't say anything for a moment since he kept staring at their hands before turning to look at Gem.

"Win, I can explain," Fot finally said.

"Okay, I'm listening," Win said, crossing his arms and waiting for his explanation.

Fot looked first at Gem. Before revealing them to anyone, he needs his permission. Gem nodded, understanding that they can't fake their way out of this.

"Tinn rejected me, that's true. But after that, he also made me realize about my real feelings. I did like Tinn for a long time, but it slowly changed when I met Gem. I gradually started to fall in love with him the more we spend time together. The song we performed was initially my plan to confess to Tinn, but when I was singing it in the competition, all I could picture were my moments with Gem."

"So does this mean the person you have feelings for right now is Gem, right?" Win confirms, and Fot nods in response. "Then why didn't you tell us the truth?" he asked.

"Because I don't know how to tell you guys. All of you made an effort to help me confess to Tinn, but my heart and mind were already out of the mission before it even happened. I don't even know how you guys will react. We're still trying to figure things out together. We both decided not to jump on anything right away. We are working together to figure out how we feel most comfortable in this relationship, and we decide how we want it to be."

Win stayed quiet for a moment, trying to process Fot's explanation. "Well.. I guess this is hard to swallow. I've only recently discovered the truth, and I'm not even sure how to take it in. You both must be having a hard time."

"We're both trying to do our best to understand one another, so it's not hard."

Win seriously faced Gem. "You're not going to hurt my friend, are you?"

"That's the last thing I want to do. To be quite honest, I have no idea what dating and falling in love are like, but when Fot is with me, I'll do anything to make him happy." Gem told him.

"But if you make my friend cry, I'm going to punch you back to Singapore.." But Fot corrected him that it's Switzerland. "Whatever.. you're going to go back where you came from if you make him cry."

Fot slapped his shoulder. "Why are you scaring him and acting like my big brother? You're just few months older than me."

"What? I'm just protecting my friend. I don't want you to come crying at me."

"You're not mad at me, are you? For hiding about me and Gem."

"On the contrary, I understand your side. At least you now have me to talk about this. If you're ready to tell our friends, I'm here to back you up."

Fot nodded.

"However, I'm really inspired by these wonderful times you are all sharing. My confidence to reveal my feelings to the person I like is growing."

"Really? You want to confess to your crush? That's awesome. You know, I already have a clue as to who you have feelings for."

"You knew? Well, I guess I was a bit obvious about it. But I'm still confused with my feelings."

"Confused? What do you mean?"

"I'm still clarifying if what I'm feeling is real. Ever since I heard that Tiw was courting my friend, I started to be uncomfortable. I'm confused."

Fot had to look at Gem to make sure his ears weren't deceiving him. However, Gem shared the same confused reaction as he does. He is not making sense at all.