vi ━ greek's toxic ex

Start from the beginning

When they caught up with him, the princess said, "You have good to celestial gold r-20 desiged by Hephaestus himself.

Hot enough Jason flinched as if he recognized that term. "Imperial gold?"

The princess nodded. "Yes, my dear. Like that weapon so cleverly concealed in your pocket. To be properly forged, Imperial gold had to be consecrated in the Temple of Jupiter on Capitoline Hill in Rome.
Quite a powerful and rare metal, but like the Roman emperors, quite volatile. Be sure never to break that blade..." She smiled pleasantly.

"Rome was after my time, of course, but I do hear stories. And now over here-this golden throne is one of my finest luxury items.
Hephaestus made it as a punishment for his mother, Hera. Sit in it and you'll be immediately trapped."

Leo apparently took this as an order. He began walking toward it in a trance.

"Leo, don't!" Piper warned.

He blinked. "How much for both?"

Rebecca and Piper looked at each other.

"I take care of Leo and you Jason?" Rebecca whispered.

"Plan." The brunette smiled back.

Rebecca grabbed Jason around the arm and dragged him.

Jason looked hurt he wasn't close to the princess anymore. "Hey-"

She snapped her finger close to his face. "Snap out of it- she's using charmspeak you bimbo."

"Huh?"

Rebecca rolled her eyes and leaned close, so he could only focus on her face. She then lowered her voice, her tone wasn't demanding or annoying anymore.

"Jason." He leaned close. "Snap out of it, we have to go? Don't you want to go?"

It seemed to work briefly, his posture straightened, his eyes focussed again, and he leaned, their noses almost touching.

"You're a liar, I know we have met before."

Rebecca blinked, but he was right, she wasn't being fair with him. He had no memory, it was obvious he wanted to remember his past.

But she was too much of a coward to tell him. She wanted to enjoy while it lasted, before he remembered her.

"I-"

"Children." The princess was back with Leo in tow. "If you please, we will now see what you came for. That is what you want, yes?"

Piper got to her. "If we fight her?"

Rebecca looked around trying to look for a good escape way. "We can't, it's her shop, and she's a powerful witch who had Leo and Jason under her control."

Piper nodded. "She could make them fight us or something."

"Let's get the Satyr and think of a plan then."

They took the escalator down to the base of the fountain. For the first time, Rebecca noticed two large bronze sundials.

The gilded oversize canary cages stood to the east and west, and the farthest one held the storm spirits. They were so densely packed, spinning around like a super-concentrated tornado, that the girl couldn't tell how many there were dozens, at least.