the final goal - Lucy Bronze✿

y/n is a news writer and scotland football player:)

I arrived in Sydney and checked into my hotel. I was excited and nervous about covering the World Cup final, especially because I had a crush on Lucy Bronze, whom I admired as a player and a person. I had been following her career since I was a teenager, and had always dreamed of meeting her.

I attended the pre-match press conference, where I saw Lucy and Keira sitting together. I noticed the chemistry between them, and felt a pang of jealousy. I wondered if the rumors about their relationship were true, and if I had any chance with Lucy.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome to the press conference for the Women's World Cup final. We have with us today Lucy Bronze and Keira Walsh from England, and Marta and Alexia from Spain. Please raise your hand if you have a question, and state your name and media outlet." The moderator said.

I raised my hand, hoping to get a chance to talk to Lucy. I was a journalist for The Guardian, and I had been covering the World Cup since the beginning. I had written several articles about Lucy, praising her skills, leadership, and charisma. I had also secretly admired her beauty, grace, and personality. I had a crush on her, but I knew it was hopeless. She was a superstar, and I was a nobody. She was probably dating Keira, who was her best friend and teammate. They looked so close and happy together, and I felt a twinge of envy.

"Yes, you. The lady in the blue shirt." The moderator pointed at me.

I stood up, and cleared my throat. "Hi, I'm y/n from The Guardian. My question is for Lucy. Lucy, you've been having an amazing tournament so far. You've scored four goals, made six assists, and saved countless shots. You've been named the player of the match three times, and you're the favorite to win the Golden Ball. How do you feel about your performance, and what are your expectations for the final?"

Lucy smiled, and looked at me. Her eyes were bright and warm, and I felt a jolt of electricity. She was even more beautiful in person, and I felt my face heat up.

"Hi, y/n. Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm very happy with how I've been playing, but I couldn't have done it without any of my teammates. They've been beyond amazing, and I'm proud of them. And yeah.. we've worked hard to get to the final, and we're ready to face Spain. They're a great team, and we respect them. But we're confident, and we believe in ourselves. We want to win the World Cup, and yeah we'll give everything we have to do it." Lucy said.

She spoke with confidence and humor, and I was impressed by her eloquence. She also had a lovely accent, and I loved the way she said my name. She sounded like she was flirting with me, but I knew it was just my imagination. She was probably just being polite, and friendly. She didn't know who I was, and she didn't care.

"Thank you, Lucy. That's very inspiring. I wish you all the best for the final." I said.

"Thank you, y/n. I appreciate it. And I like your work, by the way. You're a very good writer." Lucy said.

She complimented me on my work, and I felt a surge of joy. She liked my work, and she knew who I was. She had read my articles, and she remembered my name. She was not just being polite, and friendly. She was interested in me, and she cared.

"Thank you, Lucy. That means a lot to me. Coming from you." I said.

She winked at me, and I felt my heart skip a beat. She was flirting with me, and I liked it. I was confused and thrilled, but also wary of getting my hopes up.

"Next question, please." The moderator said.

I sat down, and tried to calm down. I had just talked to Lucy, and she had flirted with me. I had a connection with her, and I sensed that she felt it too. But I didn't know what it meant, and what would happen next. I wondered if she was serious about me, or if she was just playing with me. I also worried about Keira, and how she would react if she found out.