Confession

Charlie woke up feeling very refreshed after a well-deserved nap. She rubbed her eyes and took in her surroundings as she took notice she was back in her room. "How come I'm in my bed? I swore that I fell asleep in my office." She thought to herself, coming to the only conclusion that made sense. Someone had carried her back to her room. Who though? Her dad was on a business trip visiting the other Sins of Hell. Vaggie was still mad with her so that only left...Alastor. Surely though he wouldn't have gone out of his way to do that....would he? 

Charlie got out of bed and headed out of her room. She was going to go and find Alastor and ask him if her suspicions were correct. She had made it to the main floor and headed down the stairs. Seeing that everyone was all hanging out together. Except for two people, one of them being the very person she wanted to speak to. 

"Hey, AngelDust you haven't seen Alastor around, have you? Charlie asked looking around.

"Oh, the strawberry pimp? I haven't seen him since he took yea back up to your room." AngelDust said giving her a grin. Charlie whipped her head back to look at AngelDust with complete shock on her face. So she had been right, Alastor was the one to bring her to her room. So the next question is where did he go? Maybe he was in his room? She thought to herself and decided to go and check.

"Thanks, AngelDust, I'm going to go and check to see if he's in his room. If not though and you see him before I do. Could you please tell him I'm looking for him? She asked giving him a pleading look. 

"Yeah, Yeah toots I'll give him the message," AngelDust said as he took another sip of his drink. 

"Yay! Thank you so much! Ok, I'll see you guys around!" Charlie waved bye as she went back up to where Alastor's room was. Once she arrived back on the floor she walked down the hallway. Once she was in front of his door and was about to knock. She stopped herself at the last second. "Wait what am I even going to say to him? Thanks for carrying me to my bed. Sorry for inconveniencing you." She thought to herself as she face-palmed. The thought of bringing it up made her face light up in a bright red color. Causing her heart to speed up in the process. Sighing she decided that it might be best to not bring up the subject. So she went to turn around and was going to head back down to the lobby. 

Charlie turned around to leave but came face-first into someone's chest. "Ow," she said out loud as she rubbed her now sore nose and looked up to see who she had just clashed with. Warning bells started going off in her head. As she was now looking right up at Alastor. Who at the moment was either amused or irritated at the princess. 

"Oh. My God. Alastor I am SO sorry! I hadn't realized that you were standing right behind me." Charlie said her voice full of panic. She went to quickly walk passed him, not wanting to be in this situation any longer. Only to have her hand grasped by his. Preventing her from taking another step. 

"My dear there's no need to apologize in such a matter. I know it was an accident and was my fault as I should have announced my presence to you sooner." Alastor said with a slight chuckle slowly bringing Charlie back over to him. The princess turned back to face him while looking down at her hand that was still in his grasp. 

"Oh, my apologies my dear I hadn't realized I was still holding your hand. Alastor removed his hold from Charlie's hand. "Now my dear I was informed by the spider that you needed to speak to me?" Alastor said as he looked interested in what was currently on her mind. 

"Oh um yeah I do, well I mean I did that is." Charlie was messing with her fingers. She was looking everywhere, except in Alastor's direction. Alastor took notice of this and walked up to the princess. Very close that is as he took his hand, placing it under Charlie's chin making her look at him. This made her jump slightly at the sudden movement. Plus being this close to him made her heart beat like crazy.

"Um, Alastor what are you doing? We're a little close to each other don't you think?" Charlie gave him a shy smile. Causing the Radio Demon to grin mischievously.

"Well my dear demon belle, how else was I supposed to get you to look at me? Now for the closeness I don't seem to think there is anything to worry about. As I am quite comfortable standing near you like this." Alastor turned his head slightly giving her a toothy grin. Which in turn made her face heat up. Though at the moment while this was embarrassing, she didn't want him to let go of her. She looked down at his lips, thinking what it might be to kiss him. Charlie lingered on this thought for a few seconds longer. Before realizing what had come over her. Did she just think about kissing Alastor? She hadn't even figured out what his feelings were for her. Yet she was already jumping the gun with these thoughts. 

Alastor released Charlie from his grasp on her face and moved a couple of steps back. He had noticed that she had been lost in her thoughts and seemed to be arguing with herself internally.

"Charlie my dear is there something on your mind that you would like to get off your chest? Alastor knew that he was planning on letting her come to him. About whatever was causing her misfortune with herself. He couldn't keep watching her go through it. Charlie pulled herself back out of her complects thoughts as she heard Alastor talking to her.

"Oh um, what did you say Al?" Charlie asked feeling embarrassed that she didn't hear him the first time. This just gave Alastor even more reasoning to believe that something was the matter.

"I asked if there was anything that was troubling you, my dear. Is there something that you would like to talk about? Maybe the reason why you were looking for me in the first place?" Alastor waited to see if Charlie had heard him this time and she had. By how she reacted to his questions. "You know Charlie whatever is troubling you, I wont judge you for it. I can be that shoulder for you to lean on. That ear to listen to your problems." Alastor took both of Charlie's hands into his and gave them a slight squeeze. 

Right at that moment Charlie wanted to tell Alastor everything. She wanted to tell him how she felt and to ask if he felt the same way. The words screaming in her head to be let out for him to hear.

"Well um Alastor the thing is, I um wanted to confess something to you. Something that has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks." Charlie looked up at Alastor seeing that he was giving her his full attention. It was now or never and there was no turning back.

"Alastor during the war with the angels. I was unaware of my feelings. Until I believed that your life was on the line. I know I said I cared about you and that was my reasoning for proceting you. Yet it wasn't until I regained conciseness that I realized the full meaning of why I saved you." Charlie stared into his eyes as she spoke, trying to keep calm. "I love you Alastor, I guess my feelings have been slowly growing with the time that we've spent together." 

Alastor was taken aback by the sudden confession from the princess. So much that he thought he missed heard her. Then as he looked back into her eyes. Seeing the longing look that was waiting for him to respond. He knew what he heard was correct. So with that, he closed the distance between the two. Putting one hand on the lower part of her back. Bringing her closer to him and then cupping the side of her face with the other. Giving her a sweet and caring smile.

"My dear demon belle, what took you so long?" Without letting Charlie respond he kissed her on the lips. At first, Charlie was surprised by this but figured this was his way of confirming that he felt the same. Charlie kissed him back, fireworks were going off in her mind. Never thinking that she would be kissing Alastor or having him even return her feelings. 

They hadn't been kissing long, when someone called Charlie's name. The voice belonged to someone she would recognize anywhere. Charlie broke from the kiss and whipped around seeing Vaggie standing only a few feet from the two. Hurt was written all over her face. 

"Shit," Charlie said in a whisper, knowing that sooner than later she was going to have to tell her, her decision. Honestly, though she was hoping it would have been later.