He settled back in his chair with a heavy thud, frustration etched on his face as he closed his eyes and reached for a pen. Sitting in silence, he tried to unravel the tangled mess of his thoughts.

"Akhir Kyun..." he muttered, the pen caught between his lips.

(Why now)

Anirudh's thoughts and actions seemed intertwined, a chaotic tangle leaving him feeling lost, and resentful that he had no one to confide in about his inner turmoil. And the one person who was there, she was the root of his confusion.

Years of uncertainty had passed by in a blur, the fleeting moments slipping away at bullet speed.

In the end, his trembling fingers pulled the diary close, the only sanctuary where he could lay bare his shattered pieces, seeking solace in the written words as he grappled with his inner demons.

Tum mere paas thi, saasein itni bechain na thi,
Mann mein har ghadi tere deedar ki hulchul na thi,
Dil Sagar sa matham tere aagosh mein behta tha,
Labz jo na keh sake, wo nain bayan kr deta tha,
Aaj baitha hoon gairat mein,
Khwahishon ki umeed liye, par kambakt unse hi anjaan,
ye kaisi uljhan hai,
Chahatein meri zameen par, to kabhi falak par hai,
Bas yeh khyal tadpata hai,
ki Kahin Waqt katte katte ye keemti pal kat na jayegye,
kahin tere jaane ke baad ham kho na jaye,
ek glti maine ki, duji tu na dohra,
guzarte waqt mein do pal ke liye zaalim, thehr ja,
Bas theher ja.

You were close to me, my breaths were not so restless,
In my heart, there was no stir of anticipation for your sight,
My heart flowed like an ocean in your embrace,
The heart that couldn't speak the unsaid, those eyes revealed it all.
Today I sit in silence,
With hopes of desires, but alas, distant from there.
What kind of dilemma is this,
Desires that are mine, are times on earth, sometimes in the sky,
Just this thought torments me,
Afraid that these precious moments will slip away,
Afraid that I may lose myself after you leave,
One mistake I made, don't repeat the same,
In passing time, cruel, for just two moments, pause.
Just pause.

He delicately inscribed the words the diary yearned to embrace, its pages awaiting the tender touch of his soul. But the question lingered - would his heartfelt messages ever find their way to the person for whom they were intended?

Bowled over by overwhelmedness, he lowered his head onto the diary, surrendering to the flood that cascaded within him. On the threshold, Somnath stood, a gentle smile painting his features in a blend of empathy and understanding.

As the day drew to a close, the soft patter of rain outside signalled an end to the unspoken tension between them. Finally breaking through the invisible barrier, they found solace in their familiar banter around the dining table, surrounded by the comforting presence of family members.

Outside her room, Anirudh stood bearing a heat compressor. She was on her period, this will ease her cramps.

With a resolute nod, he affirmed their nightly ritual of conversation, even though the looming fact of her impending departure lingered in the background. He would still do that, after all, it was their thing, even she looked forward to this.

Was it?
Shall he?
He took a step back, should he do that?

Her privacy?

Contemplating his next move in mind, he hesitated for a moment, questioning the boundaries of her privacy. With a deep sigh, he grappled with the dilemma, torn between the urge to reach out and the fear of overstepping.