Instead of responding, he simply watched as she grabbed a few slices, putting them on a plate for him.

"Here, you can take this to the living room. I'll follow you."

She motioned.

30 minutes later

"So when is yo graduation? Im tryna be there."

The two found themselves lounging on the couch, with another random movie playing. The movie was irrelevant though since both Von and Kaliyah spent the last 30 minutes talking. Kaliyah sat adjacent to Von as he rested his foot on the coffee table in front of them. They had gotten through almost the entire pizza box and wine.

Dayvon had taken his shirt off, leaving him in a regular wifebeater exposing his arms. Kaliyah leaned her head against her hand, trying to stop herself from staring too hard at him.

"Its on Monday at 5. You really wanna come?"

She smiled softly. He nodded, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Fuck yeah. Why wouldn't I come? It's yo big day, n' I wanna be there celebrating you."

Hearing this just made her feel butterflies. There was no denying the fact that Von cared about her immensely.

"Well, my Dad is gonna be there. You can finally meet him like you wanted to."

She pointed.

Kaliyah found her eyes looking down at his chains, seeing as a few of them were slightly crooked. She mindlessly reached over, her fingers repositioning them. The feeling of her fingers alone doing the bare minimum against his chest sent chills down Dayvon's spine. He secretly missed her touch. Kaliyah just seemed so focused, readjusting them to her liking as he watched her.

"You think yo dad will like me, or he hates me like you do?"

He half teased, catching her attention once again. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she shot him a look.

"When did I say that? You just be putting words in my mouth Von."

He just laughed, watching as she playfully smacked his chest with the back of her hand. She was about to pull away, yet he reached over grabbing her hand gently.

"Im just messin' wit yo easy ass."

He chuckled.

"You really think I hate you Von? Like be for real."

She frowned, looking over at him. They both locked eyes, Kaliyah studying his facial expression almost as if she was trying to read his mind.

"Ion think you hate me, Kaliyah..."

He cooed, tilting his head slightly. They were so close to each other, they hadn't even realized it yet.

"I just hate that I fucked things up wit you."

He went on. Kaliyah could feel her own heart rate beginning to pick up once again. The expression on his face seemed to be serious. She could feel his thumb caressing the top of her hand gently. He used his fingers to squeeze lightly, before intertwining their fingers together.