But he could see right through her facade. He knew all too well the affects he had on her. It made him smirk little, only confirming that she in fact was still feeling him.

Von began emptying out his pockets, removing his car keys and wallet. He set them onto the counter, before adjusting his shirt slightly.

"You not gon' gimme a hug though? Ain't that what friends do?"

His Chicago accent sounded like music to her ears, making her heart flutter.

"Oh, so you're one of those 'where my hug at' type of niggas?"

She laughed. Kaliyah could hear him kiss his teeth playfully. She finally made it back to the counter where he was, setting everything down all at once. She could see him taking out his gun from underneath his shirt, making sure the safety was on.

"There is no way they let you through TSA with that thing."

She pointed, raising her eyebrow. He examined it briefly before setting it down. His eyes flickered towards hers again.

"I fly private Kaliyah. Remember? Or did you forget that too."

His gaze was intense, his eyes just admiring her entire presence. Kaliyah could feel herself melting from his stare, which quickly reminded her to look away from him. With her cheeks warming up by the second, she decided to just focus on the food instead.

"You want a slice?"

She began, opening up the box.

"Nah, I want my hug first. Stop playin' wit me Ma."

As much as she tried to fight it, the corners of her lips began curling into a grin. Clearly, playing hard to get around Von was difficult. There was just no resisting him. Before she knew it, she found herself turning to face him as he came around to her side. Dayvon could smell whatever sweet scent she had on, which made his whole body feel warm.

She playfully rolled her eyes as he moved close, snaking his muscular arms around her waist.

"I missed you lil folks."

He spoke softly, just as Kaliyah wrapped her arms around his neck. She got on her tippy toes, feeling the warmth of his body as they were pressed up against each other. They were so close, Kaliyah was worried that he might feel how fast her heart was beating.

"I missed you too."

She cooed, a wave of comfort taking over. To them, this seemed like an innocent hug. But in reality, it was much more than that. You had two people that were actively trying to control their secret feelings for one another.

"Ion like not seeing you as much. Shit bogus as hell."

Von said as they pulled away. Kaliyah looked up at him, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"Just because you and I are friends, doesn't mean we need to stop hanging out."

She pointed.

It wasn't even about hanging out though. Dayvon loved to be around Kaliyah. If it was up to him, he'd have her by his side at all times. He always wished things were different between them. He regretted ever fucking up what they had in the first place. If anything, Von always felt compelled to give her some space simply because he didn't trust himself around her.

With being only friends, meant certain boundaries were set in place. Von knew he couldn't show her the real affection that he wanted to out of respect for her. This would be part of the reason why he chose to stay away from her. He was so in love with Kaliyah, it was hard for him to just hide it.