"They'll like him, don't worry" Avery assured her. They continued talking until there was a knock on the door and Summer got up to get it.

"Hi" she said as Connor stepped inside and bent down to kiss her.

"Hey beautiful, ready to go?"

"Yes I am".

"Hey" Avery waved "trip sounds like it should be fun".

"It should be, yes. Should be very eventful too".

"I hear. A wedding's very exciting and of course Summer meeting your parents".

"Yup, I assume you're trying to tell me to make sure she's comfortable".

"And that's how you got your doctorate, very intelligent" Avery smiled as she stood.

"I will make sure".

"Good, thank you. Have a safe trip" she said hugging Summer.

"Thank you, I'll update you. Love you".

"Love you too. Bye, Connor" she waved then left the apartment.

"Bags in the room?" Connor asked.

"Mhm. I can get them".

"I got it. Just lock up behind me" he said then handed her the keys and went down the hall to grab her bags then they headed to the airport.

///

"You okay, angel?" Connor asked as she stretched while they waited for their bags.

"Yup. Can't wait to check into that hotel though".

"Still wanna do dinner? I can tell Joshua that we're gonna pass".

"No, dinner sounds great".

"Alright, baby" he said kissing the side of her head and hugging her tightly. They grabbed their bags and Summer went to sit down while he got the rental car sorted out.

"Hi honey, are you there?" Susanna asked when she answered the phone.

"We just got our bags, Connor is getting the rental car".

"Very good, how was the flight?"

"Good. I've never flown with Connor, he made it really easy".

"Your father would love to hear that" Susanna laughed "going to the hotel?"

"No, going to dinner with his friend first. I think if we go to the hotel first, I won't want to leave".

"Makes sense".

"Mhm. Are you guys home?"

"I'm home, your father is at work still. Grandma and grandpa come in next week and they'll just be staying until after Thanksgiving".

"Okay, Connor and I are just gonna get a hotel in the city then".

"No worries, your father will handle it. Two nights yes?"