Isy's POV
Shell is carefully applying concealer to my neck, covering the remnants of the fingerprints while Rose styles my hair. They have both spent the past half hour making sure I am both looking and feeling amazing for tonight. My stomach is full of butterflies but between their pampering, expert make up and hair skills and constant affirmations I am starting to feel more excited than nervous.
"Okay gorgeous, I think we are done here" Shell says with a final flourish of her brush, beaming at me, "you get dressed and come show us the final result!" Rose gets to her feet and the two of them head out the door. Being careful not to ruin any of their work, I slip the dress on and take a look in the mirror.

Rose was right, she chose the perfect outfit for me. The red bodycon dress sweeps across my shoulders, revealing just a hint of cleavage, embracing my curves and cutting off midway down my thigh. Teamed with ankle cut stiletto boots even I must admit the silhouette is flattering. The girls did an amazing job with my face, the bruising is almost completely hidden, only the stitches giving away any clue of my healing injuries. My long hair is falling in its natural waves around my face and shoulders, a dark waterfall against my tan skin. Taking a deep, steadying breath I open my door and head out to face the girls.

"Oh my god Is... you look so beautiful" they are both beaming at me, "I mean obviously thanks to us mostly" Rose adds and they both laugh as I give them mock praise and applause. "Right ladies, we have about 45mins before the Boss is due, I'd say that's the perfect amount of time for a cocktail to toast our masterpiece?" Michelle asks although she is already grabbing her purse and handing me mine so I know there is only one acceptable answer. "Okay, okay, but just one! I don't want to be all drunk and stupid before the date even starts!!" Rose snorts at me, "yeah girl, you want to save all the drunk and stupid for on your date..." we all laugh but I make sure to give her a playful slap on the arm as we head to the elevator.

30 minutes later the three of us are giggling over Long Island Ice Teas at the bar down the street. Rose is filling us in on all the details of her romantic getaway with Henry and is sharing way too much as usual. "Seriously Rose, if you are going to tell us any more about your sexcapades I am going to need another one of these" I say, laughing as I get up to head to the bar. I got a text from Gio saying he would be delayed so I figure we have time for one more, besides, it's definitely easing my pre date jitters. I order the drinks from the bartender and am about to check my phone when I feel a hand on my back.

"Isy? Oh my god, it's been forever!" I turn around to see a familiar face. "Tyler?!" I start, struggling to believe my eyes. Tyler was a very close friend of Ricks who I hadn't seen since we broke up. He grins at me before pulling me into a one armed hug, putting his beer on the bar beside me. "God it's been what, 3, 4 years?" He asks and I nod and return his smile, "nearly 4 yeah, how have you been? You must be nearly finished residency now right?" I can't help notice his eyes are roaming over me and I squirm slightly, feeling strangely bare all of a sudden, "I can't believe you remembered! Yeah, one more year and I am officially an attending physician! What about you? You look incredible by the way, I mean, really, wow!" I chuckle awkwardly unsure how to respond but am saved any further embarrassing comments by Rose and Shell who join us at the bar, helping themselves to their new drinks.

"So Isy, you going to introduce us to your handsome friend?" Shell smiles at him. "Yeah, sorry, of course! Rose, Michelle, this is Tyler, an old friend" I start, then add "of Ricks" under my breath to Rose who nods slightly as she extends her hand after Michelle's to shake his. "Lovely to meet you ladies", I can see his wandering eyes scan my friends but they quickly return to me.

We make the usual conversation while sipping our drinks, sharing our occupations and how we know each other etc (Shell simply says she is a dancer). Rose's phone alarm rings causing her to jump, "fuck, sorry Isy, we have to go or we will miss our reservation..." Michelle kisses my cheek and leads the way but Rose hangs back for a second, clearly trying to gauge me, "you okay to wait here without us?". I force a smile at her, I can't deny that I am not at all sure about staying alone with a guy I barely know anymore, not after everything, but I don't want to be a burden on Rose or ruin their girls night. Before I can answer Tyler does it for me, "course she's okay, gives us a chance to catch up properly eh Is?" Rose eyes him with suspicion but when she looks at me I nod confidently, "go Rose, it's all good, promise" and although she doesn't seem convinced, she squeezes my hand gently then leaves after Shell.

"So... now it's just the two of us again" Tyler smiles at me, "I wanted to say I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch or reach out or anything after it all went down with Rick..." I am surprised by his words and wonder if I am being unreasonably critical because of my recent experience. Maybe he really is just happy to catch up with an old friend! "Well, I could have as well... I guess I just figured that it was easier to make a clean break and that sort of meant not seeing any of his friends either!" I return his smile and take another swig of my drink. Feeling more at ease I chat to him easily for the next 10-15 minutes, letting him fill me in on what everyone else is up to these days and tell me some exciting stories from life in the hospital. "You really do look incredible tonight Isabella" he says suddenly, taking me by surprise and causing my unease to come thundering back, "you know I never understood how Rick could ever have let you go, he must have been out of his mind". As the awkwardness returns I can only manage a noncommittal hum as I busy myself with the straw in my drink, trying to avoid eye contact.

"I know it's kind of crazy but I always thought you were amazing, maybe it's kind of fate I bumped into you tonight you know..?" I am now deeply uncomfortable and trying desperately to think of a way to get away from the conversation without causing offence or upset, "would you maybe let me take you out sometime? It would be great to catch up properly." He has moved his hand onto my leg and his thumb is grazing my thigh in a way that is making my skin crawl. I force myself to look up at him, standing up from the bar stool so he is forced to drop his hand. I force a smile, "oh Ty, I am super flattered, and it's really nice of you to say but I'm afraid I can't" I manage to say, hoping he will accept that answer but of course he pushes further, "how come? I don't see a ring or anything so I'm assuming you are still single? Plus I guarantee you I am a whole lot better than Rick" he reaches out and takes my hand, then gives a wink that I think he assumes is cheeky but just comes off as creepy to me, "actually I'm sort of seeing someone, I'm waiting for him now actually, err... sorry" I try to pull my hand free but he continues to clasp it as he replies, "well I hope he knows how good he has it... so tell me, who is this lucky guy?"
"That would be me" said a voice behind me, the mere sound instantly calming me as his arm wraps around my waist from behind.

Tyler's hand releases mine as though he has received an electric shock and I see fear flick across his eyes as he takes in the powerful aura that comes off Gio in waves. Gio runs his hand down the side of my cheek, leaning down to lay a gentle kiss on my lips and simultaneously taking my breath away like only he can, "you look exquisite Tesoro, I apologise for keeping you waiting... shall we?" With only a fleeting glance back at a completely bemused and clearly uneasy Tyler (my how the tables have turned) I allow Gio to lead me out of the bar to a waiting car outside.