"In six months. We want to be married before the war starts."

"What?"

Both the Ambreas and my fiancé stared at me, and I almost shrank in on myself. Luckily, the prince was quick to take charge of the situation.

"General Aursong and I agreed yesterday, I thought you would have been informed by now."

"I..."

"It's a good decision, your highness," Lord Ambreas nodded, still completely serious. - Such a celebration will boost the morale of the troops before we leave for Ethryant. How are the preparations going?

"We have already started to send soldiers to prepare the ground. We need bases near the main cities, but for the moment we are acting discreetly. We don't want the ehtyrn to become aware of our presence."

"I received the news that one of the squadrons was massacred by the Galateans."

Eneas' arm to which she was attached tightened, though his expression remained impassive. He was annoyed by what Ambreas had said, but he had no intention of letting him notice.

"A tragic incident has taken place, but we must not let that stop us."

"Don't you think it's time to consider that there might be trai...?"

The prince silenced him by placing a hand on his shoulder. It was a friendly and familiar gesture, but for some reason it seemed almost threatening to me.

"Come on, Lord Ambreas, this is not a matter to discuss at this time, especially in front of the ladies. We will talk about it in meetings, not in celebrations."

The commander nodded and turned to me.

"Enjoy the party, Lady Persie."

"Thank you, my lord."

As Eneas and I walked away, I whispered:

"What is a Galatean?"

He snorted, contemptuously.

"You really don't know? What is it you talk to Scilla about every morning?"

"Is it that hard for you to answer?"

"The Galateans are Furya's honor guard. The best warriors of Ethryant, trained to be killing machines that obey the slightest order from their Queen."

I ran a hand down my neck, uncomfortable.

"Are they a threat?"

The prince cocked his head to one side, thoughtfully.

"They could be. For that reason, I expect you to finish off each of them you see on the battlefield."

"What?!"

"What's the matter? Did you think you'd be doing nothing until Furya and Hecathe decided to poke their noses in?"

Well, yes, actually.

"I don't think I can... You say they are some kind of elite warriors, I can't fight someone like that."

"You're a witch, Persie, of course you can."

"That prophecy you like so much spoke of me confronting the Queen, and now you want me to kill her honor guard as well? Why risk it? Is that my duty too?"

Eneas glared at me.

"What are you insinuating?"

"Why do you say that? Is there something about the prophecy that you should tell me?"