reunited

(a/n: hello friends!! this is a classic punk x pastel one shot and I don't really have much to say other than enjoy reading.)

Y/N's POV

"My dad's got a bunch of these drawings all over his arms!" I explained to my best friend, Max as we walked up the stairs to my room. "And they're really cool!" We walked past my dad's at home art studio and we peeked inside to see him hard at work on another painting. I looked over at Max and he seemed confused.

"What's wrong?" I looked over at him. "They're not felt tip?" "No." "Hey, kiddo!" I turned around to see my dad looking over at us. "Dad, tell Max about your drawings on your arms!" "Well, they're called tattoos and most of them I got when I was young." "They're not drawn on with pens?" "Nope! They are on me forever! Now if you'll excuse me, I just need to finish this painting." I turned to Max and now he looked scared.

"What's wrong, Max?" "That scares me!" "So you're not gonna get any?" "Never, Never ever ever!" I decided to just drop the subject and move on.

TWENTY YEARS LATER...

I walked into the flower shop I owned and decided to open up for the day. As I was putting my bag in my office I heard the bell chime, indicating that a customer had walked in. I rushed to the till, seeing someone I didn't recognise. They were dressed in all black, were wearing rings on their fingers and had piercings on their ears and nose. I was quite fascinated by this customer since they clearly weren't one of my regulars.

 I was quite fascinated by this customer since they clearly weren't one of my regulars

(edit credits go to me :D)

"Hi, can I help you?" I walked up to him. "Yeah, uh, do you have any roses?" "Yes, I do! Follow me!" I lead the mysterious customer to the back where I kept the roses. "What colour do you want?" "Yellow." "Ooh, okay! I'm just used to people coming in for red roses, that's all. If you don't mind me asking, who are these roses for?" "For my friend, her birthday's tomorrow and her favourite colour's yellow." "Awe, that's sweet!" I lead the customer to the till so I could ring him up.

"And that'll be...$57 dollars! Would you like a personalised message to go with them?" "No, thanks." I watched as the customer started to leave and then stopped. "Thanks for the help today." "Don't worry about it! Have a good day!"

THE NEXT DAY...

As I was ringing up an elderly woman I noticed the same customer from yesterday walking in, leaving me confused. As soon as I finished with the elderly woman I walked over to the customer from yesterday, only this time he was wearing a brown hoodie and headphones.

"Hello there!" He jumped slightly as he turned to face me. "Did your friend like the roses?" "Oh yeah! She loved them!" That's great to hear! Do you need any flowers? We've got lilies, sunflowers, daisies, we've got more roses-" "Um, no..." I looked up at him confused. "I- I was wondering if you could teach me what different flowers mean..." "Oh, of course! Come with me!" As I was giving him a tour of the flowers I learned that his name was Max, he had a YouTube channel with around 337k subscribers and he had an adorable cat named Sly.

"Do you know what's funny?" "What?" "My childhood best friend was called Max. We moved away though and I haven't seen him in years. Sometimes I wonder what he's up to." I sighed. "Damn, I'm sorry to hear that." "Don't worry about it, I just hope he's having a good life, wherever he is." I smiled at him. I lead him to the front door. "Are you gonna be open tomorrow?" "Yeah, I am. Why?" "I might come in..." "Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow, Max!" I was taken aback by Max hugging me. But I hugged him back.

As the weeks went on, Max came in to keep me company whilst I worked. He would often bring me lunch, snacks, show me pictures of Sly and show me some of his videos on YouTube. "Hi, Max!" I greeted him as he walked through the door. "Hey there! I- I got you a present." "Wait, really?" I gasped as he presented me with a gerbera daisy flower crown. "Wait, did you make this?!" "Yeah..." "I love it! Thank you!" I hugged him tight before he place it on my head.

"You remind me of my childhood best friend." "How so?" "She loved flower crowns. I haven't seen her in years though." "Why?" "Because she had to move awa-" Max stopped, slapping a hand over his mouth. "Oh my god..." "What? What's wrong?" "Do you remember a couple weeks ago when you were telling me about your childhood best friend?" "Mhm..." "That was me. Y/N, it's me!" I was stunned. "Oh my god, Y/N!" I burst into tears as Max hugged me.

"Where did you go?!" "We moved to the UK! And then I came here for college!" "Holy shit..." I still couldn't believe it. "Wait, you got tattoos?" "Yeah!" "But I thought you said you didn't want any? When we were kids and you were at my house that one time you saw my dad and you said you never wanted any." "People can change, Y/N." "Can I have a look at them?" "Yeah, go on!" I stared in awe at every line, every bit of shading, every tiny detail. "They're so cool..." I looked back up at Max, still in disbelief that it was really him.

"I- fuck, you have no idea how much I've thought about you since you moved away..." "Max..." I started tearing up. "Now I'm gonna do something I should've done ten years ago..." I realised that he was leaning in and I did the same thing, going until our lips met. I pulled away after a few seconds to catch my breath. "Max...I-" "Y/N, I've had the biggest crush on you since I was seven. Fucking seven! I had other girlfriends but I could not get over you. You have been on my mind 24/7 ever since you moved away." I stared at him in complete shock.

"And now I'm gonna ask you something I should've asked you a decade ago, Y/N L/N, will you be my girlfriend?" "Max, are you kidding me, I'd love to!" I hugged him tight as we were now reunited, never to be separated again.