"Not even a bit, Tay. There're two reasons for me to say that. First of all, he was murdered and you think he'd have called someone to offer them a job of protecting his family while he was surrounded by men? And secondly, he held fifty percent of the shares in Miles Group which would all be his daughter's and wife's after his death. Why'd he make his family go into hiding knowing that those shares would change their lives for good? They wouldn't have to struggle to survive with those shares transferred to their names." I reasoned.

Taylor's expression changed as he processed what I'd said.

I knew he'd realised how silly he sounded when he suggested uncle Eric hiring someone to send his family into hiding after his death.

"It's a good thing I decided to let you take over the business, it'd have gone bankrupt in a month with me handling it. Man, it's all complicated!" I laughed at his remark.

Trust Taylor to make me laugh even in a moment like this.

"C'mon, you're not that bad yourself." I patted his shoulder.

It isn't something to be embarrassed about that he doesn't understand business sometimes. Because as I said, it's only sometimes, he's a smart guy. Smart enough to manage the company in my absence.

"I don't know, but at least that made you laugh." He smiled at me. "I know what else would change your mood." He smirked wickedly.

"What?"

"Talk about Cheryll." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You know very well what the deal is all about, Tay. So don't dwell much on it." He laughed not taking me seriously, that made me glare at him. Then he went back to being serious.

"All right, all right, you and love are miles apart. It'd be like witnessing day and night at the same time and place if you ever fall in love." He ranted.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"How do you think the progress is so far?" He enquired.

"I think it's going pretty smooth." I replied.

"When will the next meet be?"

"Only on weekends hereafter, if Trevor Miles is seen often with a girl on weekdays, it'd draw suspicions." I cautioned.

"Right though."

"Help me with these now." I gave him some papers to review.

That would keep him occupied and he'd not question me more about a certain brunette with green eyes. Taylor took the papers from me and began working while I went through the records on the computer.

But my mind wandered off to Cheryll.

Curse you for bringing the topic up, Taylor!

I tried my best to not show anything on my face as I focused my gaze on the monitor.

From what I've observed about Cheryll, she's not afraid of anyone. At the mall, Maria who's familiar with us had stood frozen for a moment after the encounter, but Cheryll remained unfazed. She's also smart, she never makes a move without considering the consequences and worked with back up. She doesn't jump to conclusions either, instead chooses to analyse the situation.

"Here, these are done. You can sign them now." Taylor burst my bubble of thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah, thanks." I extended my arm to take the papers from him, but he retracted his hand.

"What's gotten into you?" He narrowed his eyes at me. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing, Tay. Give those papers now, I need to send them." I tried dodging the question.