Chapter Eleven

The castle halls echoed with urgency as Zack and Jack hurriedly prepared for their impending wedding. Six months had flown by since Jack moved into the castle, bringing love and joy into Zack's life. However, the atmosphere in the castle had shifted dramatically as King Henry, Zack's father, succumbed to a swift and painful illness.

In their dimly lit chambers, Zack looked into Jack's eyes as they were snuggled into bed. Zack had a mixture of determination and sorrow evident in his gaze. "My love... I know..." Zack sighed deeply, a bit overcome with emotions.

Jack reassuringly kissed Zack's temple. Trying to bring him comfort. And Zack smiled weakly at Jack's loving gesture. "I know you wanted more time for us to get married, and I really wish we had more. But, With my father being as sick as he is. We need to make this happen." Zack said as his tears let loose.

"Oh my love. Come here." Jack said as he wrapped his arms around Zack. Holding him close to him, Jack was whispering reassuring words, and stroking his hair. Kissing his head gently.

Zack just whimpered more at the the comforting embrace of Jack's arms. He hasn't fully felt it in a while. As the two rarely got to spend alone time together these days. "I miss you so much." Zack whispered.

"I am always here my love. I miss you too. More than you know." Jack whispered back.

Ever since they figured out that his father was sick, Zack had been vigorously preparing to become king. Which, admittedly, put a strain on his relationship with Jack. They loved each other, endlessly, and always supported each other, but Jack has admittedly been a bit bit lonely as Zack has only been around for bedtime pretty much. Jack could count the amount of times in the last six months that he saw Zack for more than a few hours at a time on one hand. They were intimate when they could be, but not as often as they used to be.

Jack has been spending a lot of time with Alex or Zack's little sister princess Rebecca to keep himself busy, and he's also been training to be king consort as well.

King was a role that Zack wasn't quite ready for. But ultimately, he was just sad. He was losing his dad. Zack hasn't been crying over it at all. In fact, Jack's been more emotional over it than anything else... And Rebecca and Sariah too. Zack has been the strong rock for everybody.

Jack was a little taken back by the showing of emotions from Zach. He welcomed it, and he wanted to be there for it. Because he loved Zack with his whole heart, and wanted to be around for the vulnerable moments like this.

After a moment, Zack's tears slowed, him sniffling into a stop. "My father's dying wish is to see us married, and I won't let him down."

Jack nodded in agreement, their hands tightly clasped. "I'll do everything in my power to make it happen, Zack. We'll have a wedding he'll be proud of."

The castle buzzed with activity as servants rushed to prepare the grand hall for the ceremony. Flowers adorned every corner, and the air was filled with a sense of urgency. Zack's father, weakened by his illness, lay in his chamber, awaiting the fulfillment of his last wish.

Zack and Jack stood, hand in hand in the grand hall. The crown adorning Zack's head, feeling heavy. As if the heavy crown, mirrored the heaviness hidden in Zack's heart.

Jack were bombarded As they selected flowers and finalized details, Rian's(Zack's servant)voice broke through the tension. "Your highness, we might need to simplify some aspects of the ceremony to expedite the process. We can still make it beautiful and meaningful."

Zack nodded, grateful for Rian's level-headedness as him and Jack were a wreck. "You're right, Rian. We'll focus on the essentials and ensure my father witnesses our union. This happens tonight."