Chapter Six

"Is this all you have love?" Zack asked Jack as they stood in his servant quarters at the Gaskarth residence.

It has been a week or so since the ball. Things are still a bit tense. Alex and Jack still have a flirtation and kiss sometimes. But Zack and Jack have been going on little romantic outings regularly, and Jack has been finding himself falling harder for Zack with each passing day. Zack was trying his hardest to woo Jack properly. Wanting to win his heart the proper way. Zack has servants coming in a few days to load Jack's possessions into a carriage to bring to the castle. Until then Jack has been fulfilling his duties as a servant while he waits. Zack stopped by for a visit. Unexpectedly.

Jack nodded sheepishly. "Your majesty... I was literally raised as a servant... I don't possess much. But please please make sure we take the wooden chest that contains a lot of my things. It belonged to my mother. It is about the only thing I have left of her."

Zack laughed as he came over and held Jack's hand. Rubbing a reassuring circle with his thumb. "Jack you know I hate when you address me so formally."

Jack blushed. "I am sorry. It is all I have ever known. So I revert back to it sometimes. I will do better Zack." Jack apologized.

Jack kissed Zack's cheek. "My sweet prince."

Zack blushed this time. "You are ruining my manly strong and tough prince image by making me blush the way you do... and the way you practically make me human goo. With how weak you make me."

Jack giggled. "Oh hush. Now why are you here? In the middle of the day?"

Zack smiled. Clapping his hands. "Oh yes. Well. I was wanting to go on a horseback ride through the countryside outside of the capital here, and was hoping you would accompany me."

Jack went wide eyed. "Zack I have never left the walls of Aurora."

Zack smiled softly, reaching down and squeezing Jack's hand. "Jack my love, Adoranda is such a beautiful kingdom, the countryside outside of the capital is absolutely breathtaking. There is babbling brooks, fields of wildflowers, forests filled with willow trees, so many things to explore."

Jack smiled. "That sounds nice, but I can't just leave I have responsibilities. I am technically still the servant of Alex Gaskarth."

Zack scowled at the mention of Jack belonging to Alex. "Right... until you marry me. Or when I steal you at the end of the week. Zack said, tapping his chin, considering the options.

Jack's stomach flipped. The conversation of him leaving the only life he had ever known made him want to vomit a little. "That makes my stomach hurt. The idea of starting a whole new life like that.. I mean it will be safer for me. But it is still scary." Jack said, his nerves evident.

"Oh darling I am sorry I phrased it that way. It is just the reality of it all... I should have kept that to myself though. I am deeply sorry. Can you forgive me?" Zack said as he raised his hand to his lips and he kissed the back of Jack's hand.

Jack nodded. "Yes. I can. Can we please go ask Alex if I can leave for the day?"

Zack smirked. "Oh I would love to speak to Mr. Gaskarth."

Jack narrowed his eyes as they left the room. "Play nice... your royal highness. I don't need another fight."

Zack put his hands up in surrender. "I will play nice. You have my word."

Jack raised a brow as he knocked on Alex's study, quietly. There was silence.

"That's odd... he was in here when you arrived minutes ago."