You looked around the room, taking in every detail of the room. There were subtle differences, but for the most part, everything remained the same. As you ran your hand across the cool leather of the new sofa in the center of the room, you heard footsteps slapping against the tile and your body twisted around quickly.

Your eyes settled on the entrance to the room as your dad came into view. Your mom followed close behind him, both of their mouths hanging open and tears rimming their eyes. You hadn't cried once since escaping your prison, choosing to focus on the happiness you felt. But once you saw your parents, the dam finally broke. A jagged sob crawled up your throat and pushed past your lips as your tears fell. Both of them took slow steps towards you, disbelief clear on their faces.

You couldn't hold yourself back as you broke into a run and launched yourself at your dad. He didn't hesitate in throwing his arms around you and holding you gently. You felt your mom's arms wrap around the two of you as all three of you stood in silence. Your dad's arms tightened around you, causing a small gasp of pain to escape you.

When you escaped, you had several broken ribs, a concussion, bruises and cuts everywhere imaginable, and your face was busted up from being beaten daily. He released you quickly and seemed to finally take in your appearance. His mouth turned down into a frown and you saw anger flash in his eyes.

"Y/n..." He said. "We thought..."

"I know what you thought, Dad."

"How are you alive?" He choked out.

"Tony, we can talk about that later. Right now let's focus on the fact that our daughter is alive and she's back home." You mom chimed in.

"It's a valid question, Pepper. We had a funeral for her. We grieved for her." Tony paused and took in your face once more. "Oh baby, what happened to you?"

His whispered words made more tears fall from your eyes. The pain in his voice made your heart break.

"I'll explain everything later, Dad. Once everyone is together. It's a lot and I'd rather explain it just once." You said softly. "Can you call everyone? I'd like to say hi."

"Uh, y-yeah." He stuttered out. "FRIDAY, call everyone to the common room."

"They've been notified. " FRIDAY's voice rang out.

Within a few minutes the room was filled with your teammates and they all had the same expression on their faces. One by one, they approached you and each gave you a gentle hug so as not to hurt you. The only person you didn't see was your boyfriend. The others had come, but he was still missing.

"Y/n, can you tell us what happened now?" Tony asked once everyone had settled on the couches.

"Soon, Dad." You looked at the entrance to the common room once more, before shifting your attention back to everyone. "Where's Bucky? Is he on a mission?"

You looked at Steve and Sam since they were his best friends, but they avoided eye contact with you. Their reaction to your question made a weird feeling settle in your stomach. You turned your attention to your best friends, Nat and Wanda.

"Do you two know where he is?"

They didn't speak, but gave you awkward smiles instead. Thor and Peter were doing the same as Steve and Sam. Their eyes wandered around the entire room, but skipped over you entirely. The only person you could think of that would give you a straightforward answer was Vision.

"Vision, can you tell me where Bucky is?"

"Well, Ms. Stark, I imagine he's currently out with..." Vision began, but Wanda cut him off.

"With an agent he's been working with."

"So, he's training agents now?" You chuckled. "Never thought Bucky would be the type to train anyone."

"So, um, about what happened." Steve said.

His tone was odd, almost as if he was purposefully trying to change the subject from Bucky, but you chalked it up to him being curious about your return. After all, they'd spent the last three years thinking you had died when that building exploded.

You launched into a watered down version of the last three years. You explained how you survived, being captured, and how you escaped. The only part you didn't delve into was the torture you endured. No one needed to know the details about that and you didn't feel like reliving it. The room was silent as you finished speaking. No one moved and no one said anything, but you could feel the tension.

"So, did you turn my room into a gym, Dad?" You asked, laughing awkwardly as you tried to cut the tension.

"It's the same as you left it." He smirked at you and shook his head, enjoying the sound of your laugh.

"I think I'm going to go lay down if that's okay. It's been a long few weeks trying to get back here." You stood and shoved your hands into your pockets.

"Of course, sweetie. Get some rest." Your mom got up and came to hug you once more. She pressed a kiss to the side of your head and whispered in your ear softly. "I love you."

Your dad followed after your mom, repeating her actions while the others waved you goodbye. You turned to exit the room, but stopped when you heard a familiar voice. Laughter echoed around the corner of the door and you froze in your tracks. He was finally here. Your lips split in a wide grin, but it quickly fell away when Bucky turned the corner and entered the room.

His arm was around the shoulder of a beautiful redhead. They were laughing and looking at each other the way you used to look at him. The happiness you felt a moment prior, darkened into something that wouldn't be easily driven away. Your heart pounded in your chest and your breaths shortened into shallow gasps as tears once again formed in your eyes.

I promise there will only ever be you, Y/n.

It was all lies. He had forgotten about you and moved on. That's why everyone avoided looking at you when you asked about him. They all knew, but didn't want to be the one to tell you. You squeezed your eyes shut as your tears began running down your cheeks and took a deep breath.

Anger burned in your chest and your instinct to run was replaced with a need to confront him. Your eyes opened and your tears dried up. You stood unmoving, waiting for him to see you, but the redhead is the one that saw you first. When her line of sight shifted to you, Bucky finally looked in your direction. His steps faltered and he came to a halt, his arm still wrapped around the woman's shoulders.

"Y/n?" He whispered. "I thought you were dead."

"Do I fucking look dead? But don't worry, me being alive won't ruin your date. Couldn't let that happen now, could I?"

Bucky realized he still had his arm wrapped around the woman and immediately dropped his arm by his side. A flicker of confusion and sadness crossed the redhead's face.

"Babe, who is this?" She asked.

"Yeah, babe, who am I?" You cocked an eyebrow at Bucky and crossed your arms over your chest.

"Doll, this isn't..."

"Oh, please spare me the 'this isn't what it looks like' bullshit!" You scoffed. "To answer your question, Carrot Top, I'm no one to him. At least not anymore."

Your feet finally decided to move and you stormed around Bucky and the woman to exit the room. As you passed him, Bucky caught your arm in his grip.

"Doll, wait."

Your anger combusted from you and you spun on your heel. Your palm connected with Bucky's cheek so hard that his head snapped to the side.

"Don't." You seethed. "Don't you dare lay a hand on me again. And don't ever call me doll again. I don't need a reminder of the time when you used to love me."

You yanked your arm from his grip and continued out of the common area to your room.

A/N: There will be a few more parts to this request, so stay tuned! I'm hoping to have the next part up within a few days. : )