Pt.6 Morning Rituals

Pt.6 Act 1
Kareem and Brandon arrived at the diner, the aroma of butter and honey greeting them as they stepped inside. The cozy atmosphere and the chatter of other diners made them feel right at home.

Taking a seat at the bar, Brandon remarked on the pleasant scent. "Smells amazing in here," he commented, glancing around with a grin.

Kareem nodded in agreement, already scanning the menu with interest. "It sure does," he replied, his eyes twinkling with anticipation. "I'm looking forward to trying their food."

Their conversation was momentarily interrupted as the waitress approached, a welcoming smile on her face. "Can I start you guys off with a drink?" she asked, her pen poised over her notepad.

Kareem looked up, returning her smile. "I'll have a coffee with cream, please," he requested, his tone polite yet confident.

Brandon chimed in, "And I'll have a sweet tea, please," he added, his gaze flickering to the waitress with a friendly nod.

The waitress nodded in acknowledgment, jotting down their orders. "Coming right up," she assured them, before bustling off to fulfill their requests.

As they waited for their drinks, Kareem and Brandon exchanged a few words, the excitement of their outing palpable in the air.

——————————————————————

The waitress returned with their drinks, setting them down on the table with a smile. "Have you guys made a decision yet?" she inquired, her gaze shifting between Kareem and Brandon.

Brandon glanced down at the menu once more, his brows furrowing slightly in indecision. "I'm torn, everything sounds amazing," he admitted with a sheepish grin.

Kareem reached out, placing his hand reassuringly on top of Brandon's. "Don't worry, habibi, I'll take care of it," he said softly, turning to the waitress. "We'll have two of your morning specials, please."

The waitress beamed at them, pleased with their choice. "Excellent choice," she remarked, jotting down their order on her notepad before heading back to the kitchen.

As they waited for their food to arrive, Kareem and Brandon continued their conversation, excitement bubbling between them as they discussed their plans for the day ahead. Their affectionate banter filled the air, setting the tone for a delightful morning together.

——————————————————————

The waitress soon returned with plates in her hands, a warm smile gracing her lips as she set them down before Kareem and Brandon. "Here are your morning specials, just as you ordered. Enjoy your meals, sirs," she said cheerfully before taking her leave.

Brandon's eyes widened in delight as he beheld the generous portion of cinnamon roll pancakes, breakfast potatoes, cheesy scrambled eggs, and crispy bacon before him. "Wow, this looks amazing! Thank you, sir," he exclaimed eagerly, already reaching for his fork. "I can't wait to dig in."

Kareem chuckled softly at Brandon's excitement, a fond gleam in his eyes. "Anything for my little jackrabbit," he replied affectionately, his tone warm with affection.

The two wasted no time in diving into their meals, savoring each delicious bite. Kareem couldn't help but notice how Brandon relished the flavors, his expressions of pleasure evident with every mouthful. He watched with satisfaction, taking pleasure in the simple joy of sharing a meal with someone he cared about.

——————————————————————

As Kareem continued to enjoy his meal, Brandon finished his portion and sat back, content. Kareem couldn't resist the urge to share a taste of his food with Brandon, offering him small bites of his own meal. With each morsel, Brandon felt a surge of warmth and affection from Kareem.