Chapter 5

•Amy POV•
(2 weeks later)

I handed the clipboard back to the lawyer after I signed my name. The house was officially in the Rose family name. Silver hid behind my legs as we walked into the new and improved house.

We had lived outside for awhile. We really needed a shower. Sonic had lived with us in an old tree house Tails and Cream had died in. Luckily the bodies were gone. Sonic got us food since we didn't want to spend a lot of money yet.

The house was amazing. It had an two levels to the house. The first floor was a kitchen, full of food and cooking tools and a few books. Then the living room with a big TV and famous pictures around the wall. Then there was a downstairs bathroom. I loved the second level though. The bedrooms looked so good. A bunk bed and a small twin bed was in the room the kids were going to sleep. Then Sonic and I would still share a room. We also had a small bathroom at the end of the hallway.

The house was certainly a big pick me up. Silver even seemed to forget that mom tried to kill us. I honestly still cared however. Sonic was going out late at night, I knew why. He was looking for my mom. I had told him to tell me when he found her before he killed her. He said that he would.

Silver has no idea of what we're planning, neither does Tails and Cream.

"Hey, Tails and Cream! We're home!" Silver yelled out and ran upstairs. I followed him and saw him gasp when he saw all the toys I had gotten them all to play with. "Where's Sonic?" Tails asked me. "He's out, but don't worry, he'll be back to see the house." I smiled. Tails smiled back and went on playing with Silver and Cream.

While they played I went downstairs and started working on things in the kitchen and living room. I was had bought bunches of flowers to place inside and out of the house. Just as I hung up a wall plant I felt someone's hands on my shoulders.

"Hey Sonic" I said with a smile.

"Sonic? Who's Sonic?" An old raspy voice cooed in my ear. It sent shivers up my spine. I turned around to see an old woman. Her face was burnt and she had wide angry eyes.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked her and she grabbed my neck. "A daughter that doesn't recognize her own mother? How pitiful." The woman spat. "Mom? Wh-what happened to you? How'd you find us?" I choked out. "I couldn't just let those idiots kill you. I wanted to do it myself. So after they set the fire I ran in to kill you." She smirked. "But...you were already gone! I got trapped! I got seriously burned and almost died! It's all your fault! You and your brother always caused me problems!" She yelled at me angrily.

"S-Sonic..." I tried to yell out. "Tails...Cream...somebody!" I finally managed to yell out. I got a hard slap to the head and fell to the ground. Then I heard Tails and Cream shriek. "Go get Silver out of here!" I screamed as my mom kicked me. "Who are you talking to?!" She screamed angrily.

She yanked me up by my ear and threw me against the wall. "I don't care! You're dying this time!" She grabbed a knife from the counter and raised it above her. "YOU WON'T LIVE!!!" She screeched and I waited for the blade to hit me with my eyes closed.

Then her grip released. I opened my eyes to see the knife dug into her head. Sonic stood behind her. His hands firmly on the knife she was holding. His eyes blazed with anger. I covered my mouth and ran away to the corner. I couldn't look at them.

"Amy..." My mom said quietly.

"Shut up!" Sonic yelled and pushed the knife deeper into her skull.

"No! What is it?" I turned around with tears running down my face. "You...you're going to die. I'll make sure of th-"

Sonic pulled out the knife and her body fell to the floor.