Chapter 4

•Sonic POV•

I stood in our room and observed the room.

Dusty, decaying, bug infested...not a place fit for the living. This place needed new things...we all needed a new haunted house. It takes days for ghosts to adjust to new houses, though. Tails and Cream would be so uncomfortable. It would be risky with Amy and Silver around uncomfortable ghosts.

But they'd end up dead here anyways. No food, probably decease, no electricity, they'd die in a few days. I couldn't let that happen to my Amy.

We'd sleep here tonight, then I'll go find us all a nice house to haunt. After that, I'll try to sneak away and find Amy's mother.

She doesn't need to know what I have planned, all she needs to know is that she'll be safe. I'll always keep her safe.

Always.

***
(1 hour later)

I walked over to the kids room and Amy was inside a tiny house. If she stood up it could probably be used as a big hat.

"You three need to go to bed." I told them. Cream and Tails sighed as they jumped into a bed full of holes and bugs. Silver stared at the bed with disgust. "Don't worry, I'm going to go find a good house for all of us tomorrow. Just sleep here tonight." I told him. He slowly got into the bed with all of his fur raised and eyes wide.

I gestured for Amy to follow me out of the room. She seemed impressed with how well I handled the children. I couldn't help but think how I would be an awesome father.

I closed the door behind Amy and I. "What do you want now?" She asked me. "We all need a better place to live. I'm taking you house shopping." I smirked and put my arm around her waist. Only to have it slapped away.

"Worth a shot" I sighed then picked her up. I flew down out the door quickly and she clung tightly to my chest. I could feel her warm body against mine.

"I was thinking about a big house near the sea...maybe a lake. The kids could play in the water, wouldn't that be nice, Amy?" Amy looked up at me with narrowed eyes. She was thinking about what to make of me. I do suppose I was talking a little bit more like a husband.

I couldn't really help it, she brought out that side to me.

"Uhm...sure? But I don't have money to buy a house." She said to me. I grinned and laughed. "Buy? You think I would make you buy a house? I can do two things to get us a house." I paused for her to ask what they are.

"...And those would be?"

"I can either scare the owners out, or I can make them our personal slaves." I smiled as my tail wagged. I hadn't had a personal slave in decades. They were used for different purposes back then. Mostly to lead in people to scare and kill.

But these would be used to keep the house up and running. Also, to keep Amy and and the others comfortable while I'd be hunting Amy's mom.

"Personal slave? I thought only vampires or werewolves could do that." Amy said, confused. "Eh...all monsters can have a personal slave. Only the strongest ghosts and undead monsters can have them. It usually takes eons for a ghost to get enough power, but I worked hard..." I smirked as old memories came to my mind.

Amy stayed silent for a few moments. "How about that house?" I asked as I stopped flying in the air and hovered. Amy looked at the large four story house. "What would we do with all that space?" She asked me. "Same thing the owners do." I grinned and a answered her obviously.

"I'll go take a look inside." I told her and placed her down in tall bushes.

The house looked like somewhere a millionaire would live. Amy really deserved this place.